Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, May 6, 2010

WWGLSD*: NINJA edition....




(pottery by Gary Rith)
I unload a bunch of freshly fired pots from the kiln, its all looking gorgeous, and I notice the wife is dressed as one of my favorite glaze schemes, blue and spring green, and so I am like
"hold these and hold still"
In other news, those cookie jars are bigger than my head.
**** writes
"My daughter is getting married next month!!! We need a very big cookie jar for guests to dump cash into at the reception, and then after the wedding they can use it in the kitchen as a...cookie jar!". This is like, a last minute EMERGENCY, so I am on it right away. I made the one on the left and was super pleased, then made a simpler one. They will be black etc :)

OK, but earlier, Georges is like, all sneaky, and JUMPS on Spike's back and tries out some NINJA moves on Spike, who kicks Georges azz. *DO NOT DO What Georges Le Soq would do.



8 comments:

Ron said...

Man, I wish I'd gotten a big pot of cash at my wedding. Or a big pot of cookies for that matter. Poor Georges. Nice pic of the Misses with the bowls.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the cookie/money jar idea!!!
I think Spike won this round!

Unknown said...

Oh Georges, why? Why do you do such crazy monkey business? You're just going to get eaten.

Those are some NICE cookie jars! :)

cookingwithgas said...

smoking hot!

Liz said...

Oh Cheri darlin you rock!!!! My ex husband is also a potter, and he made funeral urns.... One of which I use as a cookie jar. lol. and .. I have a friend who won't eat cookies at my house because of it.

Mr. Young said...

Here, that cash in a jar or box for the newlyweds is called "chinchulé. Can't have the reception without the chinchulé container! Of course, they pin money on the clothes of the newlyweds during their first dance also. (newlyweds here make out in the cash department!)

Reverend Awesome said...

Those are some big cookie jars! Lots of money, lots of cookies.

I think Spike is in love.

Cheryl said...

Georges appears to have received quite the arse whooping! Very nice photo of Maude!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.