Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 2, 2010

heart scones

The wife is like, on to me for the scones. I love to bake and eat baked stuff, and scones are nice in the morning---just getthem out and eat them, no boiling or frying or toasting. I am allergic to dairy, and developed a dairy free scone recipe, super good.
So the wife is like
"PLEASE make the scones" and I am like "well OK, freestyle shape, circles, wedges or hearts???" and you know her answer to that.
Recipe below :)






non-dairy scones from Gary Rith
-preheat to 400
-in large mixing bowl, put 8 tablespoons of non-hydrogenated butter or margerine substitute, like Earth Balance
-soften in microwave (if not left out for 30 minutes), about 27 seconds
-add large egg, stir
-add 1/2 cup sour cream substitute made of soy, or Stoneyfield's o'soy yogurt, stir and stir and stir
-dump in 2 cups flour
-add 1/3 cup sugar
-add 1 teaspoon baking powder and
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda and
-tiny pinch of salt, stir stir stir and stir!
--if you are adding raisins or dried currants or dried cranberries, add 1/3 cup or more plus nuts too and stir in
-mixture will probably look like it needs some hand work, so reach into the bowl and begin kneading, then turn out onto floured board and knead and knead and knead for a minute, then form it into a nice flat disk about 1 1/4-1 1/2 inch thick, cut into 8 or ten wedges
--place wedges onto cookie sheet, bake ten minutes, open oven and have a look! when edges start to brown, they are done
--the second I pull them out of the oven I sprinkle a little cinammon sugar on top of each one, holy carp that's tasty!---then set them onto cooling rack

3 comments:

kate et jim said...

Um, excuse me, but is that a green 'footed' mug sitting on your counter???? Hummmmm????

Michèle Hastings said...

thanks for sharing... i will definitely try this recipe...
i love scones!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh so yummy sounding indeed. Can you bake and ship me an order??

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.