Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, May 27, 2010

the dream hamster reappears....


For years i have cared for a hamster in my dreams, and had not seen him lately. He has been back the last day or two. Many of these dreams are of the variety "shoot, I forgot I had a hamster, I better go find him and feed him!" which is what we had here the last 2 days. Alive, but not well. I tend to wonder if this is related to anxieties or guilt over undone projects, but I am on top of things and happy, sooo....? Who knows.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had a recurring dream for over 40 years. Always the same theme but sometimes different circumstance. After a while I was able to see the common thread of how it related to what was going on in my life. You likely know what the connection is but dont realize it yet. Seems like it might be signaling something or some need that you are neglecting in your life that is calling out to be fulfilled or cared for. Most likely something deeply personal.
My 2 cents!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I was wondering when your dream hamster would reappear. Believe it or not, I was *just* thinking about him over the weekend!

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh that's very strange. Dreams fascinate me.
I haven't had a recurring dream since I was little. I used to have a dream that there was a scary house up the hill from my parents house, sort of in the backyard and me and my brother Will would always go in it. Something bad would always happen to Will and I got to be soo scared I didn't want to sleep at night. Finally it got to be where I made my brother sleep in my room on the trundle bed and I would keep my hand touching him as I fell asleep. The dreams stopped.

Michèle Hastings said...

maybe the dream is telling you to get a REAL pet hamster.

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Maybe the hamster is symbolic to the little "annoying" "things" that one has to deal with on a day to day basis. Just a theory! ;)
-Leigh

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YES to all of you. Part of being self employed is making the lists and doing the tasks, metaphorically like remembering to care for the hamster!

Michelle said...

Ahoy! Dreams are my favorite! I love dreams! I have a very wild and fascinating life in my dreams. I have had many recurrent dreams and themes over my lifetime. Can't say as I have ever dreamt of a hamster, though.

However, I did own a hamster named Penny about 5 years ago, and she died. But not from lack of attention. I think she got a bowel obstruction.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.