Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 23, 2010


Dang, lookit the beautiful plate Becky Jo sent me--what a wonderful potter! I am humbled by this kind of talent! I cannot BELIEVE the skill with which she decorated this plate! Thanks Beckster!

The wife wanted to go to huge garage sales and I said I would drop her and go to Cornell Plantations (acres of gardens and woods and all) with the beagle and meet her at JJ's. JJ's has the nicest patio in town for your coffee and such, and JJ herself gave Penny a treat. Moreover, they have a book swap. I think you can help yourself to the hundreds on the shelf, but it seems fair to leave 2 and take 2, for example. I left 2 dud books and took away 2 prizewinners, YAAAY!



This is the second piggy teapot I have made, the first was small, this one very big. Bill asked for it. Total fun to make, and then these pitchers: I am experimenting with shape and making sort of river forms on pieces.....these things are looking GOOD...now have to move the idea along to the next experiment....

4 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Those pitchers are fantastic! And, of course, I love the full animated piggie pot!

The weather looks like it finally realized it is summer up there? huh?

Beautiful! I so wanna' come up there and see all the lush around y'all and visit with Lis and drink beer/s at the Chapter House....

Maybe one day.....

cindy shake said...

Gary those pieces are WONDERFUL! I LOVE how you are working with new forms -you've got the touch baby!! Must be all that greenery, loving wife and perfect pets ;o)

soubriquet said...

Porkeriffic!

Anonymous said...

amigo... that place looks cool! and penny seems appreciative. good way to spend a day out of the studio

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.