Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

big BOWL



I was gonna make Benji a big dome-shaped mold but then I simply liked how this shape was going and I was like "ppphhhffflllbbbtt to Benji". I'll make his another time. Movie of making part of the bowl below :)

11 comments:

Gallow said...

Do you find yourself surprised by how things turn out sometimes? You'll be working along, and have some sort of splash of inspiration and try something that is so cool. I love moments like that. They are very exciting.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Well, for Ben I just need a very plain hemisphere, and this was just so nice.... :)

Gordo said...

Yeah, you can't be making nice things for him ... LOL

Susan as Herself said...

Did you ever go to the restaurant BIG BOWL when you lived in Chicago? :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YES SUSAN, we did! In 92 or 93 :)

cookingwithgas said...

yes! it looks like a keeper to me!

BSOB said...

hey! i can read these posts you know... and the comments!

Anonymous said...

amigo... that's getting to be a bigass bowl you go there. is it a coincidence with the led zep, it seems last time you posted a throwing vid, zep was playing in the background. i love throwing to them too.

Mr. Young said...

Great bowl! Like the music in the background too!

celeste said...

Inquiring minds need to know: who's got the biggest bowl of them all?

Cheryl said...

A perfect bowl for popcorn, at least as much as I consume!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.