Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, May 20, 2010

why YES, that IS why our house is bright purple






Basically, the house was painted by the last owners to match THESE purple iris at the corner of the house. They are the prettiest flower, and I can imagine darn inspiring to those folks...although their realtor told them they had just greatly reduced the asking price for the place, which sat on the market about 6 months, until we came along March of 2006, and that same weekend there were 5 couples interested in the place. March was gloomy. The house was BRIGHT. Plus it has that Easter Egg appeal in spring. Anyway, once a year these fantastic purple flowers pop up as a reminder....
Had to redo my ever-changing fire pit. Again. The big rock was cracking with the flames. Living in an old house, there is stuff all over the basement etc, including a nice grill for it. Ready for me to burn the heck out of tofu pups all summer long...

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I love the fire pit. Good job!!

Anna M. Branner said...

Tofu Pups are good but have you tried Not Dogs??

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the flowers and your purple house!!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.