Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, May 7, 2010

LIZZIE goes BABB*

The third founding member of *BABB, Bamf Art Blog Bunch is Lizzie. To remind you of what BABB is, I had noticed that there are a few of us art bloggers here and there and we seem to be hanging around each other's blogs every day, despite the distances that seperate us, and what we have in common is the irreverent BAMF outlook, the sassy art, the support for each other, and now we have the kicck AZZ punk bunny logo. Kasey, Becky Jo, and Lizzie along with me formed this group. More members later.

Lizzie gets down with clay, Lizzie gets down with FIBER, Lizzie gets down teaching, Lizzie gets down with being MOM.


(India, the next generation of BABB, Lizzie's daughter)
I remarked:
"I was noticing at Lizzie's blog, her daughter seemed to be wearing an argyle hoodie, YEAH! Another BAMF punk!"
Lizzie: "Yes the girl child LIVES in that hoodie, she has to zip it up over many of her punk rock stylin tees, or risk the wrath of the principal. "

My sock monkey Georges Le Soq has an infatuation with Clementine MacSock, made by India. Clementine GETS AROUND.

Lizzie's son Mason....


Let's be honest, wine and blogging goes together like prom dresses and golf courses, or as Lizzie puts it
"ooh i need a witty quote now? hmm, might have to find some of that cheap red wine to loosen up my words.... "





OMIGOSH these handmade cups are tres perfect...



Impossibly beautiful handmade teaset by Lizzie.

Finally:
"I am a professional crafts person, working in clay and fibre, not necessarily at the same time. I am a juried member of the New Brunswick Crafts Council, and the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design."

11 comments:

Liz said...

It's me! and my Crazy kids! lol, thanks Gary!

Unknown said...

YAY! It is you, Lizzy! I love those cups! The color is awesome.. what kind of clay do you use? :)

Liz said...

that is a cone six porcelain bdy from Tuckers in Ontario. 6-50 is the name of it. I like it alot, just recently switched to it, used to use MCS but this is a bit whiter. I am dying to try Matt and Daves, porcelain for the people, now that we can get it in Canada.

Gordo said...

Gary, to a person, Cape Bretoners are an amazing bunch. I have to get back down there again, it's been too long.

Lizzie is that a commercial wine or somebody's kick-ass label? :-D

I love that teaset, too.

Busy Bee Suz said...

She is so talented!!!
And her kids? Cute and punky...love that!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

Aww Lizzie, so proud of her kids. Love it. Another BABB lady. The resident BABB boy needs his own post. Wonder who is going to do it...

Liz said...

Gordo, It is a commercial wine, Australian, and surprizingly good, though I have to say, I did buy it because it was a great label! The wine guy said it was a new one. and a total score at $9.99, which is cheap here on my island!Any cheaper and your drinking washer fluid!

Gordo said...

Boo! It's not listed in Ontario. If I could have shiraz flowing from the faucets in the house, I would. :-D

Unknown said...

Lizzie I love the cups and the teaset is gorgeous!!!!

Liz said...

well, heck! now I am blushing! thanks all!

Cheryl said...

Lizzie's teaset is beautiful!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.