Gary's Third Pottery Blog
“But eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart.”
― Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, The Little Prince
Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Binghamton, NY: Cloth and Clay May 10-11, Unitarian Church and July fest, July 11-13. Gallery 41 Owego, NY April 6, 20. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

le sale


I am an instructor at Cornell's ceramics studio (which is like saying "I make the coffee in the deli" as far as status and pay goes, but it sounds pretty cool :) and we have 2 sales of pots each year, and we have the spring sale going now, Williard Straight Art Gallery, Mon-Thurs, I will be there again late Thursday afternoon.
I was there late yesterday afternoon BUT HAD FORGOTTEN my camera! Thank God for Bethie showing up with her checkbook and filling a box with my pots, and yes, taking these pics.
Selling pots is fun, but holy CATS all my friends show up, it was like a party! TommyPaulBethNorahElonJoanAndy and on and on :)




6 comments:

Mr. Young's Art said...

Real nice glazes on the two mixing bowls in that top picture! I like the way they mix and run around the top lip there.

Professor J said...

Pots, friends, and checkbooks! What could be better?

Becky Jo said...

The collection of green pots are lookin' nice, G.

What's that glaze on the big bowl? I haven't seen that one before. You've been holding out. ;)

Reverend Awesome said...

Thank goodness she got pictures!
Gary, I don't think I've ever told you how fitting your hair is for your personality. It is though.

racheld said...

Oh, My! The first Colony Law goes onto the books: All coffee will be served in a mug with a rithribbit handle.

All the Best from the Heartland,

rachel

jimgottuso said...

amigo... trying to catch up. crazy cool glaze on those two bowls you're holding in the pic, i hope the sale went well. can't believe how far behind i can get on your blog just from being off the grid for less than a week. nice shot of the honey bee in one of the previous posts. i have yet to see one this year. i hear gordo's having some luck tho.

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
I am a part-time pottery instructor at Cornell University Pot Shop and a full-time studio potter and sculptor, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.