Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

tall, thin, curvy....



(pottery by Gary Rith)
I think this series is looking really good. I may be involved in a new gallery soon, some of these babies would go nicely at that place. I am in the middle of working on a bunch of these shapes right now, with more variations, like a shell shape rather than spiral and ruffly top rims to match the ruflly base, plus bowls and pitchers.....PLUS a bunch of these type things were glaze fired yesterday and I can unload the kiln later, and it looks promising....
tis a damn great day :)

8 comments:

Liz said...

they are quite stunning I must say! This groovey form seems to be workin for ya!

Gordo said...

Gary, I'm constantly amazed at the way you never seem short of ideas to work on. Although, I suppose you can sit there at the wheel and look out the window for inspiration. :-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I am always amazed to see how your work evolves each and every time I pop over here.
And I LOVE that periwinkle glaze in the front and center vase!

Reverend Awesome said...

You truly work best when you just let yourself get into whatever you feel like getting into. Excellent stuff. So different, but still so you.

Hilary said...

These look great, Gary.

Cheryl said...

Fantastic! The colors are awesome.

Karena said...

Gary,
Fabulous, I love the tall turqouise in the back. Let me know if you want to trade for a painting.

Karena

Art by Karena

Jill Brown said...

WOW-ZAH!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.