Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

cursing like a sailor for the soul

Remember CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL and all its many sequels? I never looked at it, but I can guess it is filled with all kinds of homey, feel good sh!t. I wanna work on my own version, except it would involve explaining the therapeutic benefits of cursing, giving the finger, having your dog poo on your least favorite neighbor's lawn in the dark, eating chocolate for breakfast and watching CADDYSHACK and drinking beers and popcorn for dinner.
Sort of a PUNK version of the whole feel good thing, you know?

POTS! I have this huge list of orders, and on the back of the list I doodled this idea. I need a SPECIAL SPRING piece for a special exhibit coming up and lately, as you know, I have been putting slashes or channels or whatever into pieces, straight and angled, which look art nouveau-ish, but then I wondered if Mr Turtle would look good on a cup or pitcher with WAVY slashes and spirals? Hard to do. BUT, I have a new jade glaze going, and I think we have some interesting possibities here...

7 comments:

Lori Buff said...

I would so read that book.

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

me likey! x
PS: missed you too!

Reverend Awesome said...

That's so cute! That little turtle is smiling at me! I just know it!

Cheryl said...

I would love to read your book! And the turtle is cute, smiling away!

Cindy Powers said...

I'd buy that book! I wonder if book club would be interested. Mr. Turtle is rocking' those slashes.

BSOB said...

im gonna pre-order that book.

Liz said...

that book will end up on the bestseller list for sure! Love that turtle!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.