Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 9, 2010

back to the bathtub



This morning there is the snow and wind blowing around outside, and me and my cup of tea are headed for a bath. My rotten French sock monkey Georges Le Soq is just getting up and I am like
"Georges, you should bathe from time to time, people are starting to talk" (Georges has FRENCH ideas about personal cleanliness) and he is like
"mon ami, a bath would, how you say, mess up my 'DO" and I am like
"Georges, you never take off your beret, who knows what it looks like under there?" and I make him come in and consider a bath, but he sat on the tub edge wrapped in a towel muttering to himself about the injustice of the world....and he is still filthy.
Snow? Yes. Still blowing around out there. Not accumulating. I remember Mother's Day weekend about ten years ago, 12 inches of snow on the hilltop we lived on then....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

AHH! Snow?! In MAY!?!?! THAT is an injustice. ;)

Michèle Hastings said...

cold in NH but no snow... can't wait to be in NC!
...i hate to encourage that wise-azz monkey, but he does look awfully cute wrapped up in that towel...

BSOB said...

You might have to send him out in the rain one day with a bar of soap and hope for the best

Unknown said...

Brrr, sending some of our beautiful sunshine to you!!

Reverend Awesome said...

Covering yourself in cologne isn't a bath, Georges!

Michelle said...

A. Nice pic of the snow.
B. Goerges, you stink!
C. It's cold but not snowing here.

Cheryl said...

Perhaps a teeny, tiny shower cap might change Georges mind? You guys are pin-up material!!!

Kim Hines said...

Why am i NOT suprised to see a picture of you in the bathtub?!?

Miss Heather said...

Did you REALLY blur your nipple? Come on, man! Some of us ladies wanted to see it!!! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.