WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, May 17, 2010
off like a......
Stevo's son had his prom this past weekend, and there have been limos all over. Prom season. Got me thinking about proms.
My school was K-12 in one building, about 100 high schoolers total. Our prom was pizza in the gym, any jr-high to high schooler allowed. I had, i think, 2-3 invitations (I did not ask anybody): Becky from next door, who had introduced me to cheap jug wine and toga frat parties at age 16 and who had a 22 year old sometime boyfriend named Warren, Christine who was sweet and beautiful and a cheerleader and way out of my league, but she liked me for some reason,(we had typing together and I cracked jokes and managed to pass with a 72 grade--and the question I have asked ever since, considering I dated Christine for months, is why didn't I ever make a pass?) and the 12 year old cousin of my friend OJ. Funny to think, that 12 year old is now 40, and the difference between 40 and my 44 is nothing, whereas the difference between 16 and 12 is like the difference between Utah and New York. I did not go to the prom.
ANYWAY, at that time, and now, I was not a prom person. I was thinking about the PUNK aesthetic: either no prom, and off having your own wild party with your nasty friends, or go to the prom all gothed up or with a green mohawk.
How about you and your prom????
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- "that is just so inconvenient, like LIFE"
- oh yaaaaay!
- "what is that ice cream cone with boobs thing?"
- large piggy teapot
- nice pair of.....
- like the Sears tower....
- the owl and the pussycat and the dawg
- the dream hamster reappears....
- typical Frenchman....
- dig IT
- "won't you take me down, to bunny town?"
- "don't blog that"
- my trunk monkey Georges Le Soq scores the throne.....
- purple and green
- le frolic....
- Dang, lookit the beautiful plate Becky Jo sent me...
- seksy devil.....
- looking AWESOME
- you have to admit, she is a cute doggy
- why YES, that IS why our house is bright purple
- Georges Le Soq is NOT on fire
- cursing like a sailor for the soul
- book group Persuasions
- Georges Le Soq's lazy azz BAMF blueberry muffin re...
- kick AZZ
- Becky was a BAD girl
- off like a......
- new BLUE
- can't touch this....
- BITTEN KITTEN
- the many variations...
- that whole hobo sleeping outside thang....
- big BOWL
- ON THE beach...
- more along those lines....
- tall, thin, curvy....
- "Christi, what does BAMF mean????"
- been a long time....
- on a roll, baby....
- Stevo: BAMF Art Blogger
- OK, Sunday = :)
- a little more Benji
- back to the bathtub
- BENJI gets the BABB* tap
- AZZLESS CHAPS IN PUBLIC: kids, don't do this at h...
- more than nice :)
- oh what a night.....
- ...and this is how the evening ended...*
- WWGLSD?* disaster averted episode!
- "Is he gay?"
- LIZZIE goes BABB*
- WWGLSD*: NINJA edition....
- Becky Jo is Uber B.A.B.B.
- WWGLSD???* chapter 2
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH
- WWGLSD? *
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH* goes live
- PITA PIZZAS
- THE joke about the BLONDE and the CAT
- le sale
- cabana boy, C'EST MOI
- the wife cooks for a change...
- heart scones
- we get muddy, we get glamorous
- remember Ace Ventura, Pet Detective???
- one of my dirty little secrets which also happens ...
- there is something about a bar and a table full of...
- ▼ May (76)