Gary's Third Pottery Blog
Michael Pollan — 'A good pot holds memories.'
Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY August 3 and 17 . Ithaca Artist market July 26. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014

Sunday, May 9, 2010

OK, Sunday = :)

People DO ask if I work every day. Of course I do! Because making pots is SO much fun.
My best pal in Nebraska M*** asked for a red teaset, plain, and I was like, what, no pigs? No dogs or robots???? Lucky her, though, I am suddenly off and running with THIS Art Noveau-ish idea---looking fantastico, eh wot?


And ****'s daughter get married soon and did NOT want a huge cookie jar in black glaze for wedding guests to fill with cash, and then be used as a cookie jar until somebody died wherein it would be a GREAT jar for cremation ashes....and she said, wisely I agree, maybe a beehive shape. And I am thinking in a nice spring green glaze perhaps? This thing is HUGE, believe me, room for lots of cash and cookies.

9 comments:

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

Wow! *I* love it. I just sent the bride an email to come take a look!

Cheryl said...

Lovely set indeed. Love the wedding cash jar/cookie jar idea. Wished I had had one of those....

Liz said...

I love love love the new art nouveau stuff. and am very envious of your red glaze. I am red and pink challenged.

Becky Jo said...

Veddy nice! I love art noveau. It's curvy and retro and sassy all mixed into one. :)

Kim Hines said...

I'm liking the new design alot. i believe the expression is Kicks Azz... ;)

Gordo said...

That's a great cookie jar, Gary. Black & yellow?

Miss Heather said...

So awesome! You amaze me, Gary!!

Aunt Snow said...

Oooh, a beehive!! Love it.

jimgottuso said...

amigo... i totally dig the beehive shaped money stash/cookiejar/cremation urn. that would be a good all around form methinks too. hilarious shot of you and georges in the tub. is that snow i saw in a post or two back. i called my sis from the car on the way back from chicago on mother's day and they said they got 3 inches of snow on saturday. that's some crazy ny weather you got.

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
I am a part-time pottery instructor at Cornell University Pot Shop and a full-time studio potter and sculptor, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.