Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 9, 2010

OK, Sunday = :)

People DO ask if I work every day. Of course I do! Because making pots is SO much fun.
My best pal in Nebraska M*** asked for a red teaset, plain, and I was like, what, no pigs? No dogs or robots???? Lucky her, though, I am suddenly off and running with THIS Art Noveau-ish idea---looking fantastico, eh wot?


And ****'s daughter get married soon and did NOT want a huge cookie jar in black glaze for wedding guests to fill with cash, and then be used as a cookie jar until somebody died wherein it would be a GREAT jar for cremation ashes....and she said, wisely I agree, maybe a beehive shape. And I am thinking in a nice spring green glaze perhaps? This thing is HUGE, believe me, room for lots of cash and cookies.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lovely set indeed. Love the wedding cash jar/cookie jar idea. Wished I had had one of those....

Liz said...

I love love love the new art nouveau stuff. and am very envious of your red glaze. I am red and pink challenged.

Unknown said...

Veddy nice! I love art noveau. It's curvy and retro and sassy all mixed into one. :)

Kim Hines said...

I'm liking the new design alot. i believe the expression is Kicks Azz... ;)

Gordo said...

That's a great cookie jar, Gary. Black & yellow?

Miss Heather said...

So awesome! You amaze me, Gary!!

Glennis said...

Oooh, a beehive!! Love it.

Anonymous said...

amigo... i totally dig the beehive shaped money stash/cookiejar/cremation urn. that would be a good all around form methinks too. hilarious shot of you and georges in the tub. is that snow i saw in a post or two back. i called my sis from the car on the way back from chicago on mother's day and they said they got 3 inches of snow on saturday. that's some crazy ny weather you got.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.