Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, December 3, 2010
(teapots and sketches by Gary Rith)
God forbid if there was a fire, me and the wife would grab each other, get the 2 dogs and 2 cats out to safety and.....
given say, 60 seconds to grab something and only my 2 hands, what would I grab? Do you run these scenarios through your head? I do.
I would grab first, I think, a small teapot of mine, like maybe the pug teapot here, in my left hand, but in my right hand? I would grab my sketchbooks. I draw with pencil 99 percent of the time, and then use a brush to put underglaze designs onto pottery, but I realized this week I could use ink for sketches too. So I loaded up the fountain pens and took a glaze brush and it is really a lot more freeing than pencil. Swooping and swooshing with the ink....
I am working on this standing cat. I have been trying to get it the way I like it for weeks. It is almost ready to go onto pots.
In other news, of course, December stinking first means SNOW and winter. I mean, people in the south are like "oh, its so Christmassy!". Sure it is. It is also cold and dangerous. Our summers are quite gorgeous. Only 6 more months....
Our elderly kitten Emily was ready to shred birds at the feeder...if only....
The wife has this cute pin: a silver teapot with a dangling cup! She made, yes MADE, silver earrings to match....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 7:27 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- that was New Year's eve's eve....and the best of 2...
- noodles + peanut butter + ketchup
- when Georges met Georgine
- starring Jen Mecca!
- 2 of my ladies....
- babies yesterday, going goth metal today?
- new year new baby!
- UNboxing day, the aftermath....
- Christmas postcard from Etna, NY
- M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
- Christmas eve's eve
- Georges Le Soq: probably not on Santa's GOOD LIST
- putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
- party with Georges, Jacques, Kerry and Brett....
- more silliness for a Sunday....
- brainless, c'est moi
- the wife tells me all about myself...
- Baby Alex STRIKES AGAIN: the return of Little Dude...
- Dear Santa, eez me, Georges....
- NY city baby...part TWO
- NY city baby...part one....
- I'm on a mission from God....
- sneaking around outside in the dark....
- G00D and plenty
- PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!
- like before, and like, AFTER
- have a badazz Christmas....
- I killed it!
- not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mu...
- Charlie Br0wn's Christmas....
- dude is like "cool hat, man"
- God FORBID....
- 3 French wenches, 12 dumpsters and Georges Le Soq'...
- Georges Le Soq and the 12 days of Christmas....
- ▼ December (35)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
The critters look so adorable each enjoying the snow in their own way.
Come here our snakes are asleep!
Mark grabbed his guitars as our studio burned!
PS- love the teapot/cup pin!
I sleep with my purse (and boots) at the foot of the bed for that very reason. It would be the only thing I'd grab, but at least I'd have my keys, wallet, and Blackberry.
But snow is so pretty up North..where it should stay. I'll deal with the Southern sunshine & hang a wreath for Christmas.
How about a dancing cat? Like, he could kick a leg up like one of those dancing girls in Vegas. :)
Love your standing cat!
Stay safe in all that horrible white weather ;o))
Oh I just LOVE your sketches! Those are so cute!
Look at all the little animals laying on the bed together. Awww.
Maude is a renaissance woman!
I always said you were good with the sketching Gman.
Who would grab the chips and beer tho?
I must try ink and brush for a change-looks fun!
Post a Comment