Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"




(pottery and sketches by Gary Rith)
You remember Baby Alex, right? My little buddy, my honorary nephew, my honorary cousin Tiffany's son? I come home from seeing him and I am like "I gotta draw babies on mugs!"* and I work on it and get one I like. Our elderly kitten Emily, of course, spends the winter sleeping on the wife's sweaters, which is SO cute, I wanted to put that onto mugs too...so I did :)
*I am thinking of doing my first EVER New Year's pottery: New Year, New Baby!




You know I am doing this ten day thing, right? Today is 4 turn offs. Gosh, isn't that like, a bachelor question? I don't know what turns me off or on...or do I?

1) let's be honest, ODORS! Cat box, fish, smelly guy sleeping on a park bench? I do not prefer to smell that.
2) pit bulls scare me to death, even if it is not their fault
3) snobbiness--we are all people with something to share, so be nice
4) turtlenecks--there is something dishonest and sneaky about them.....
bonus: I give the wife a kiss this morning and I don't know WHAT nasty lipstick or lip balm she has on, but YUCK! OK, that is like my biggest turn off: a kiss full of waxy, smelly lip stuff, ewww!

OK, my first vote for music video of the year, the Black Keys!
(my wife will be apalled at this I think......)


Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cat on your sweater! (Kinda like 'cat on my head!' ~ a Brian-ism). :)

Unknown said...

Your new Emily and baby mugs are soooo cute!!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

Baby Alex has inspired you! It's wonderful! It's hard to draw babies and make them be cute, you have done one hell of a job! Cute cute cute.

Cheryl said...

Loving the new mugs...I truly despise turtlenecks...aaaccckkkk!!

k.a. barnes said...

New Year New Baby is an awesome idea!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.