Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas postcard from Etna, NY


Merry Christmas!
I remember years ago you would be watching a football game and this ad for Bud would come on, big horses pulling a cart full of beers through pretty little hill towns. Its like that cart full of beers was going down our street, it looks exactly like that here. Above, walking Penny at our park. Below, across the river looking back at our purple house there and our back yard. You can see all kinds of ducks and geese down there, our house up the slope a bit.

Looking toward the bridge and Mt Pleasant in the distance.
Etna has a post office, bus stop, a park, a cemetery and a church. I do not go to this church, but it is simple and pretty looking, about 200 years old.
I made my wife's aunt Connie's plum torte with apples...actually, probably her grandmother's recipe. Copy of it below....


The lions shall lie down with lambs, OR the beagle will lie down with the grey tiger and use him for a pillow......


Rudolf the red nosed Gary. had a one day cold. Good excuse to do NOTHING.

BTW, sez here bake about an hour. More like 30-35 minutes, until golden brown!

10 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Merry Christmas to you and your picture perfect life....

Jay said...

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!!

Barbara Martin said...

Just love those old Bud commercials with the draught horses. It's quite the feat to drive an eight-horse hitch.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. All the best over the holidays.

CiCi said...

I have some canned plums so I will make a version of this. Looks good. Hope your cold is gone and you and your Mrs are enjoying a wonderful Christmas together.

Busy Bee Suz said...

It does look like a postcard.
Your torte looks amazing. Merry Christmas!!!!

cindy shake said...

Beautiful pictures. I enjoy seeing so many other parts of the country through my blog buddies. Merry Christmas from the far north :o)

BSOB said...

Looks like good times Gary!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Currier and Ives meets alcohol--I loved those commercials.

Glad you had a merry day.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Any of that lovely dessert left over? I've spent most of the past 24 hours sleeping... no red nose, but so very tired...
And I love those commercials, despite the fact that a family member works for Miller.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.