Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, December 6, 2010

not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mug and plates....


This is my favortie part of the Charlie Brown thing. It looks just like that here in the Ithaca area, fat flakes and white everywhere. I like how Charlie is all melancholy, trying to figure out the meaning of Christmas...
we even have our own Snoopy!


me and Buster above, me and our new skull plates below, just out of the kiln Sunday....

our purple house with wasabi trim and arctic overtones.....
I showed pics of our 5 inch tall living Christmas tree last month (speaking of Charlie Brown!) but we hang a few ornaments on this lamp and on lights on the ceiling, plus stockings the wife had sewn and our Christmas Snoopy collection on the column.....(Julie, that sweetie, gave us the handmade G and M, my mom had made Pooh here and the Snoopy on the left)



(badazz skull mug and other awesome items, now for sale at my etsy gallery)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how contented Linus is and how Pigpen has a cloud of dirt even in the snow.
I am also jealous of your snow! Big fat flakes sound marvelous right now, and I bet your studio is tremendously cozy when the kiln is running.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas show!!!!
Your home looks so festive. So the living Christmas tree is not coming inside this year??? Perhaps next....

Knight said...

We posted decorations on the same day! I love your purple house with Wasbai trim. It's where I would run for comfort in the midst of a snowstorm.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH the tree is inside alright. I think its grateful. It would be buried if it was outdoors! I'll get another shot of it sometime :)

Michèle Hastings said...

i enjoy seeing the snow on your blog where I don't have to shovel it :-)

Julie said...

I loooove the ornaments made by your mama! So sweet.

Unknown said...

Charlie Browns Christmas is awesome! It's looking so festive at your place, and I am almost missing all that snow you got.. ... "almost"!! hehe

Gary's third pottery blog said...

yeah, TEE HEE

Jay said...

Buster looks like he's saying that he's had enough of the snow and wants to go inside where it's warm.

Unknown said...

Oh this is so sweet Gary. Love the sewn soft sculptures by Maude. Your pups just have the sweetest faces, and so do you and Maude. Really love your posts! :)

CiCi said...

Penny looks like she is a snow maiden. We had one half day of a few flakes but they were gone in the morning. The Charlie Brown video is great. I like how you have decorated your house.

kate et jim said...

OK - all this talk about snow (and we had an inch this morning, although, I'm seeing you guys got more) is making me want to move...SOUTH! After having been to Maine last week, I've had just about enough for the winter.

Love your tree, Gary, as always. (where's my leaf)??? ;)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.