Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, December 9, 2010

PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!




You know, I think of my favorite cartoons from my childhood, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Felix the Cat and Underdog, and I realize how dang funny and subversive they were, but ANYWAY, here is the story about the doggy coat and superhero beagle:
last winter a nice lady on the bus with the wife is like
"I see you and your husband out with your 13 inch beagle. Mine just died, she had a coat, I was going to throw it away. Do you want it?" and we were like "Sure!" and its a perfect fit. The lady also gave it to us the day before we got the biggest snowstorm of last winter which ALSO happened to be when the winter olympics started. So Penny ended up with this nice little coat that makes her look like an Olympian!
But yesterday, you know, I am realizing that she is looking alot like UNDERDOG in disguise.....



9 comments:

denis said...

PENNY = CRIME STOPPER

Mr. Young said...

UnderDog's the bomb! Right up there with Secret Squirrel....

Anonymous said...

Just don't toss her off the deck to see if she can fly!

(And yes, she is adorable, as always!)

Knight said...

It looks like you were singing the theme song in the first picture.

Jay said...

Oh yeah. Penny is totally a super hero!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I loved the Underdog show.
Penny is tres' cute!

Unknown said...

Great Blog...George and I loved Underdog, and also we loved Roger Ramjet and the Selanoid Robots..., buzz, beepem, clickem. Stevo should love them...ha ha :)

Giggles said...

That's so funny Gary...she does look like the Underdog!! The Winter Olympics were here last year, my kids really enjoyed the spirit in the city!!

Yes pink and black totally rock. Whether it's candy or a puppy belly!!

Hugs Giggles

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I wasn't a big cartoon fan, but I did like Underdog, Rocky & Bullwinkle and H.R. Pufnstuf--can't get a little, but you can't get enuf!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.