Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2 of my ladies....







(pottery by Gary Rith, Emily, our elderly kitten and The Wife)
Emily, as a matter of fact, is asleep on my lap right now. I think, at the age of 16.5 years, that she must be about 90-100 or more in cat years. She has slowed down a LOT in recent weeks. Still has a beastly big appetite though. I told you a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to paint her sleeping on the wife's sweater, a typical napping spot, and this mug just came out of the kiln. I was gonna put it right up for sale but I like it too much so I am gonna stare at it a bit. Other cat poses on the reverse, as you see.
Yesterday, the wife is like
"I got an appt to see Rachel. I am having ALL my hair cut off" and you KNOW as a husband that there is only one response to that "Oh, OK!" and I get a couple of pics (against her will, I should add--she is a reluctant model, but I am an enthusiastic snap shot taker, as you know--when she sees this she is going to complain "why do you post ALL of the pics?" and I am like "keep throwing spaghetti at the wall, see what sticks!") and then later she comes in with "I look SASSY!" and its def. a cute cut...and she got herself a green purse! I am like "let me take charge of the purse and pay for it from my piggy bank: your birthday is in the spring!" 'cause I was thinking that a bright green purse is ideal for a spring birthday... (and you know that is how we shop here---no surprises, or at least, as few as possible :) I gotta think of fun things to stuff into the purse....

Don't you love NEW WAVE?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily kitten has her tail out, just like Cleo (drives my husband crazy that she doesn't always keep it curled up and lady-like).
When you said M was going to get her hair chopped off, I was afraid she was going to cut it REALLY short, but I shouldn't have worried. Her hair looks GREAT!

I think you might need to keep that mug. It is a terrific representation of your elderly kitten.

Unknown said...

Very nice haircut, Maude! :)

The kitty-on-the-sweater is super snazzy. My cats don't sleep on my sweaters, but I do find cat fuzz on top of the wheel head occasionally. ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Well, I don't think you will fit Emily into the purse. :)
Lovely ladies Gary!!!

Unknown said...

I like Sassy, Cute Maude's hair...lovely. But of course she always looks lovely. I would keep the Emily mug also. AWWW what a sweet kitty. Love the mug, what a great keepsake.
RULE THE WORLD...love it! If George and I ruled the world there would be Anime Animal Hats for everyone, lots of dancing to great music, pottery everywhere, and tons of smiles, and laughs, and plenty of Noise and Racket Rock and Roll....! lol lol lol :)

Susan as Herself said...

Awwwwwwwwww. Sweet old Emily.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.