Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas eve's eve




(pottery by Gary Rith)
You know I am doing this ten day thing, right? Second to last day: 2 smiley faces that describe your life right now!
1) OK, the wife and I? Friday is our 18th anniversary. Christmas eve's eve is our anniversary eve. BUT 19 years ago, 12 months before we got married as it turns out, we were to meet and have a friendly outing at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo. We had known each other for about 3 years by then, never dated or anything, but here we were, meeting up to join the caroling to the animals. I waited..and waited....the seals were happy, but I was getting a bit cold in the rain and cold...and then there she was. I wasn't that soaked and shivering. Not like, with sneezes and shivers. After the zoo, we went to an empty retaurant and sat by their real fireplace and warmed up. And we started dating after that day. As the wife said a minute ago "I was late because I wanted to look nice for you. I don't know why I wanted to look nice for you. We weren't dating then."
But after that? We were :) 19 years of dating! 18 years married tomorrow....

2) other smiley face, describing my life now? You should see this wicked cool skull mug experiment that just came out of the kiln. That makes me smile, gives me more to experiment with in 2011 :)



Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession

8 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

i love that your pre-date that led to dating was a visit to the zoo....happy anniversary to both of you!

Jay said...

Happy Christmaversary Eve!

Cheryl said...

Gosh I love the story of your first date and how sweet it is to have Christmas Eve as a wedding day. Wishing you many more years together. Merry Christmas to you both, the dogs and cats and even Georges!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love reading about what makes you smile....hey, it made me smile too.
Your wife is a gem.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary-Christmas! :)

k.a. barnes said...

Caroling to the animals at the zoo? How wonderful! Of course this is how you and Maude would begin your life together! Happiest of happy anniversaries to you both!

By the way, I spent this morning rearranging my kitchen shelves. When Brett came home from work, I made him look at what I'd done and he said, "Oh cool! It's a little shrine for Gary!" I'll take a picture in a while and post it. :)

cookingwithgas said...

baby, baby- I am all yours- Ha! ha!
Merry Christmas Gary and please tell Maude she is the luckiest girl I know!
Love from the Carolinian's even the snakes are wishing you the best year ever!
Hugs!
M

Susan as Herself said...

Lincoln Park Zoo! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.