Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, December 19, 2010

more silliness for a Sunday....




(pottery and ornaments by Gary Rith)
Julie lives around the corner, and last week she emails at like 6 am "I need frog mugs for my brother, is there still time?" and I am like "I can make 'em and fire 'em real quick, in the baby kiln" and at the same time Tiffany is like "I need ornaments" and I am like "WILL DO, right now, then fire them in the baby kiln". Tiffany, of course, is mother of the famous baby Alex, and YOU KNOW I had to make a baby Alex Santa ornament.
Julie's story was good "my brother does NOT like cute stuff, but we have a frog bowl of yours, and he was visiting. We were using it, and he just loved it! So we thought he would like frog mugs". See that is the thing, we can convert even people who hate cute to love my work.






You know I am doing this 10 ten day thing, right? List below. Today is 6 things I wish I hadn't done.
Good lord, I canNOT think of a single thing. I must perfect. :)
(I have never impregnated anyone, failed a class, been kicked out of anything, killed or physically hurt anyone, been arrested or developed any addictions: by that very low bar, I am a success, am I not?)


Superb video here.


Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love converting non-pottery people into pottery people. Eventually they'll all be pottery people and we'll be in HIGH DEMAND. :D

cookingwithgas said...

you are a real life elf- helping those last minute shoppers!
Thanks for being one of the good guys!

Michèle Hastings said...

i am with becky!
good for you for having no regrets... keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Yeah cousin wonderful...hey what's wrong with cute! We love cute! :) lol lol lol Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, if all else fails, lower your standards! :)

Your list of what you haven't done is pretty good, actually. Wish more people could say the same.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Tiffany and Julie are lucky to have you on speed dial. or speed email!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.