Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, December 30, 2010

starring Jen Mecca!


(jen made these tumblers and gave them to me, hot dAMN!)
My pal Jen Mecca down in the Carolinas is an interesting story. She grew up HERE, in this village, but has been in the south for her whole adult life. Her book group is doing a book by Amy Dickinson, the newspaper columnist, who also happens to be from HERE and who still lives HERE and writes her column from HERE. We know some people in Amy's family and where the houses and other sights are, which also happen to be the sights from Jen's childhood. So Jen asked me for a bunch of photos, promising pottery in exchange, which is a pretty big deal. Jen was just featured in Ceramics Monthly and here is her etsy gallery. I love her porcelain, so curvy and whimsical and masterful. Thanks JEN!!!!!

(teapot by Jen Mecca)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to show my southern friends what real, winter survival is like in the great North East with those photo's you took for Bookclub. Once, thanks so much :)
Jen

Unknown said...

Wowie, are you luck or what! I remember seeing Jen's works in ceramics monthly...Yeah Jen. Her work is really beautiful to behold!

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh that is really really pretty work she does.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.