Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, December 30, 2010
starring Jen Mecca!
(jen made these tumblers and gave them to me, hot dAMN!)
My pal Jen Mecca down in the Carolinas is an interesting story. She grew up HERE, in this village, but has been in the south for her whole adult life. Her book group is doing a book by Amy Dickinson, the newspaper columnist, who also happens to be from HERE and who still lives HERE and writes her column from HERE. We know some people in Amy's family and where the houses and other sights are, which also happen to be the sights from Jen's childhood. So Jen asked me for a bunch of photos, promising pottery in exchange, which is a pretty big deal. Jen was just featured in Ceramics Monthly and here is her etsy gallery. I love her porcelain, so curvy and whimsical and masterful. Thanks JEN!!!!!
(teapot by Jen Mecca)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:23 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- that was New Year's eve's eve....and the best of 2...
- noodles + peanut butter + ketchup
- when Georges met Georgine
- starring Jen Mecca!
- 2 of my ladies....
- babies yesterday, going goth metal today?
- new year new baby!
- UNboxing day, the aftermath....
- Christmas postcard from Etna, NY
- M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
- Christmas eve's eve
- Georges Le Soq: probably not on Santa's GOOD LIST
- putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
- party with Georges, Jacques, Kerry and Brett....
- more silliness for a Sunday....
- brainless, c'est moi
- the wife tells me all about myself...
- Baby Alex STRIKES AGAIN: the return of Little Dude...
- Dear Santa, eez me, Georges....
- NY city baby...part TWO
- NY city baby...part one....
- I'm on a mission from God....
- sneaking around outside in the dark....
- G00D and plenty
- PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!
- like before, and like, AFTER
- have a badazz Christmas....
- I killed it!
- not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mu...
- Charlie Br0wn's Christmas....
- dude is like "cool hat, man"
- God FORBID....
- 3 French wenches, 12 dumpsters and Georges Le Soq'...
- Georges Le Soq and the 12 days of Christmas....
- ▼ December (35)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I can not wait to show my southern friends what real, winter survival is like in the great North East with those photo's you took for Bookclub. Once, thanks so much :)
Wowie, are you luck or what! I remember seeing Jen's works in ceramics monthly...Yeah Jen. Her work is really beautiful to behold!
Oh that is really really pretty work she does.
Post a Comment