WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, December 4, 2010
dude is like "cool hat, man"
(pottery by Gary Rith)
(Williard Straight Art Gallery at Cornell University)
OK, Friday the Cornell University Pot Shop sale ends at 4 and at 3:59 this young student is like, all over my last couple of items. It was a superb sale, cleared out nearly every item I had, and here is this young guy scoping out these couple of teapots, and he is like, I drink tea, and he is searching through his pockets, and asking when we close, in one minute I say, and he empties his wallet and buys the most expensive item I had going at the whole sale, a teapot with 2 cups. It feckin' rocked, believe me. A great last moment to a great show. The show was in the Williard Straight Art Gallery, a beautiful old stone building covered with ivy, there is snow outside, there are student choral groups caroling...for the first time, I feel Christmassy...and like we will be able to pay the property tax bills. That is what Christmas pottery sales are all about, paying the taxes..... :) (so glamorous!)
Anyway, I walk out the door and why didn't I get photos of any of this (last year's pic here and even better pics here from 2 years ago)
but there are these 2 guys with a sign saying "free compliments" and they are probably just trying to meet girls, but they call out to me "Cool Hat, Man" cause I am wearing my Felix the cat hat and then I walk over to the wife's office and another dude, coming down the stairs? He is like "cool hat, man!"
The wife gets my pic. She works in an office that has, um, tablets, pots and sculptures from Egypt and Mesopotamia. That's me with, I think Nefertiti...but there is this leftover pizza there, so we like, take it home where it is eaten in about 2 seconds flat by our beasties....
and finally, these dishes? I was in the mood for some new dishes for US. These just out of the kiln, looking sharp. The wife says she would KILL to keep them (when I said maybe I should sell them......). We are also going to have plates with skulls, but they are in the kiln cooking today :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- that was New Year's eve's eve....and the best of 2...
- noodles + peanut butter + ketchup
- when Georges met Georgine
- starring Jen Mecca!
- 2 of my ladies....
- babies yesterday, going goth metal today?
- new year new baby!
- UNboxing day, the aftermath....
- Christmas postcard from Etna, NY
- M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
- Christmas eve's eve
- Georges Le Soq: probably not on Santa's GOOD LIST
- putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
- party with Georges, Jacques, Kerry and Brett....
- more silliness for a Sunday....
- brainless, c'est moi
- the wife tells me all about myself...
- Baby Alex STRIKES AGAIN: the return of Little Dude...
- Dear Santa, eez me, Georges....
- NY city baby...part TWO
- NY city baby...part one....
- I'm on a mission from God....
- sneaking around outside in the dark....
- G00D and plenty
- PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!
- like before, and like, AFTER
- have a badazz Christmas....
- I killed it!
- not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mu...
- Charlie Br0wn's Christmas....
- dude is like "cool hat, man"
- God FORBID....
- 3 French wenches, 12 dumpsters and Georges Le Soq'...
- Georges Le Soq and the 12 days of Christmas....
- ▼ December (35)