Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, December 4, 2010

dude is like "cool hat, man"


(pottery by Gary Rith)

(Williard Straight Art Gallery at Cornell University)


OK, Friday the Cornell University Pot Shop sale ends at 4 and at 3:59 this young student is like, all over my last couple of items. It was a superb sale, cleared out nearly every item I had, and here is this young guy scoping out these couple of teapots, and he is like, I drink tea, and he is searching through his pockets, and asking when we close, in one minute I say, and he empties his wallet and buys the most expensive item I had going at the whole sale, a teapot with 2 cups. It feckin' rocked, believe me. A great last moment to a great show. The show was in the Williard Straight Art Gallery, a beautiful old stone building covered with ivy, there is snow outside, there are student choral groups caroling...for the first time, I feel Christmassy...and like we will be able to pay the property tax bills. That is what Christmas pottery sales are all about, paying the taxes..... :) (so glamorous!)
Anyway, I walk out the door and why didn't I get photos of any of this (last year's pic here and even better pics here from 2 years ago)
but there are these 2 guys with a sign saying "free compliments" and they are probably just trying to meet girls, but they call out to me "Cool Hat, Man" cause I am wearing my Felix the cat hat and then I walk over to the wife's office and another dude, coming down the stairs? He is like "cool hat, man!"

The wife gets my pic. She works in an office that has, um, tablets, pots and sculptures from Egypt and Mesopotamia. That's me with, I think Nefertiti...but there is this leftover pizza there, so we like, take it home where it is eaten in about 2 seconds flat by our beasties....
and finally, these dishes? I was in the mood for some new dishes for US. These just out of the kiln, looking sharp. The wife says she would KILL to keep them (when I said maybe I should sell them......). We are also going to have plates with skulls, but they are in the kiln cooking today :)

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Well at least Maude's object d'arts are much nicer to look at than some of those horrible cubie offices I had to work in....with pics of grandchildren in crochet'd frames all over the place.

Penny looks very very like an enormous python dog eating that pizza.

Mr. Young said...

Love that cloud of blue on the plates!

Unknown said...

Those are rockin' plates... but plates with skulls would be cool too.

That is a nice hat. Felix is timeless. :)

cindy shake said...

Congrats on the bill-paying show!! We all need those :o) I LOVE those plates -I want them too!!! Sorry, but it looks like the dog is harking up that piece of pizza -haha!

Unknown said...

Gosh, so happy for you selling everything..fantastic! Love the new glaze design very pretty. Penny is loving the pizza for sure! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Keep the plates. They are way cool.
Pizza for dogs? please don't tell my dogs about this phenom.

Reverend Awesome said...

YAY! Glad you are keeping the set for yourself. It's a great looking set.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.