WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, December 24, 2010
M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
December 1991, as I said yesterday, the wife and I had known each other for 3+ years. She ran the open ceramics studios at University of Illinois at Chicago, and I was an instructor there. That December we sorta started doing things together outside the studio, including, as you see above, making Christmas cookies at my place. Typical poor artist type date, hmm? I was never the caviar and sports car type date....
below is me--on the left, she had taken a shot of me in that studio and then the pic of me and my cat Sammy on the cookie day. LITTLE DID WE BOTH know that we would soon start to date and then in exactly 12 months get married. We fell hard for each other.
Me and the wife last summer. A very good photo. She is several years older than me, 50+ now, but still impossibly hawt. Somebody said last year "...your pretty blonde wife...". Kinda funny, she has never dyed her hair, and it has turned this mellow color. I have the salt and pepper thing going here, but still surprisingly for my family: NOT bald. Also, I still have the jeans in the photos here and wore them the other day. They are well loved and well patched, but I have the same body I had then. SO, in a way, we have not really changed much as we have aged. Our wedding pic: I can pretend I am JFK Jr and she is Susan Sarandon :)
AND on the wedding day in 1992. We really did not invite anybody, just a couple of sisters came along. We sorta eloped. We got married at the Drake Hotel in Chicago in an Episcopal ceremony. Father Ted here had a busy day but he was game: he did our wedding, we went down for lunch, then he had to do the usual midnight Christmas Eve stuff, etc....
Back in the early 90s, you heard James on the radio. I heard a DJ call their tune Laid the "dirty song". If you know it, you might wink at me for choosing it here...
AND day ten of the ten day thing: one confession?
I had my eyes on M fall of 1991, I wanted her bad, but I played it cool. The whole thing worked out well, didn't it?
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- that was New Year's eve's eve....and the best of 2...
- noodles + peanut butter + ketchup
- when Georges met Georgine
- starring Jen Mecca!
- 2 of my ladies....
- babies yesterday, going goth metal today?
- new year new baby!
- UNboxing day, the aftermath....
- Christmas postcard from Etna, NY
- M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
- Christmas eve's eve
- Georges Le Soq: probably not on Santa's GOOD LIST
- putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
- party with Georges, Jacques, Kerry and Brett....
- more silliness for a Sunday....
- brainless, c'est moi
- the wife tells me all about myself...
- Baby Alex STRIKES AGAIN: the return of Little Dude...
- Dear Santa, eez me, Georges....
- NY city baby...part TWO
- NY city baby...part one....
- I'm on a mission from God....
- sneaking around outside in the dark....
- G00D and plenty
- PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!
- like before, and like, AFTER
- have a badazz Christmas....
- I killed it!
- not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mu...
- Charlie Br0wn's Christmas....
- dude is like "cool hat, man"
- God FORBID....
- 3 French wenches, 12 dumpsters and Georges Le Soq'...
- Georges Le Soq and the 12 days of Christmas....
- ▼ December (35)