Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, December 16, 2010

the wife tells me all about myself...






Like I say, I am doing this ten day thing, you can see the list all the way below.
Day 2, 9 things about me!!!! I am bored with my talking about myself--I always talk about myself. So I asked the wife to do it for me, my comments in parenthsis--(she is mighty nice, I doubt I would be that nice about myself)

the wife tells me I:
1: have curly hair (you can see that in pics, right?)
2: likes to read (that is ALL I do--and since libraries are still free, I can save my allowance for other, less savory things...)
3: is youngest child (I act like one too---perpetual baby ...)
4: hates surprises (HATEHATEHATE that is what telephones are for...it is part of my organized personality...see below---I also broke somebody's tooth once when they came up behind me and jabbed my ribs, I leaped up so quick, my head slammed their jaw, OOOPS!)
5: not above peeking at presents (ahem, see above)
6: tries to diplomatically defuse angry situations with laughter and jokes (I have gotten in trouble for this--people say I am not a serious person, but I can be serious, but why bother???)
7: determined or you could say persistant (I know how to get out of bed and get to work :)
8: DRIVEN (DITTO)
9: organized (some would say focused---and I may be organized, but I am not by nature TIDY, I can be very messy)
Bonus: naps with cat midday (that is so totally private and unfair! Sometimes I fall asleep with the dog!)

(personal bonus items: I have a large and beautifully toned purple birthmark under my hair above my ear. It matches the purple paint of our house, when you think about it. I was hit by a car while riding my bike in 8th grade. Smashed the windshield with my head. I am still VERY nervous about traffic although I love to walk and bike)

snicker snicker...a heavy metal Christmas!


Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not huge into surprises either. I haven't ever hurt anyone because of a surprise (intentionally or not), but I have gotten pretty ticked off. ;)

CiCi said...

The video is so much fun.
That is a good idea to have your wife share things about you. And she is nice. I like the pic of Penny with her sly smile.

Reverend Awesome said...

I love Maude! Excellent list she put together there.

Hilary said...

Nicely done, by Maude. She should guest post more often! I love the photos of sprawling Penny.. she's so cute. My son played this Heavy Metal Christmas for me, just yesterday.

Unknown said...

Wow thanks for sharing the Christmas Video with Dee Syner, George and I LOVE THAT MAN, and adore Twisted Sister!
Thanks for sharing Maude's view of you...lol :) You are a special wonderful cousin.
I am the exact opposite of you though about the driven, and compulsive worker. I am neither competitive, nor driven. I am a true Metal Rocker at heart, it's all about the fun factor for me! lol lol :) Everything I do anything for is just a passion to have a blast! lol lol :) George is more like you in those areas! lol lol :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprises.
But I still heart you Gary.
Love these lists!!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm glad Maude sees napping with the cat as a good thing. I've been napping midday quite a bit lately and my dh thinks I'm lazy. (It's true, I am.)

kate et jim said...

LOVED this! We ALL have quirks, Gary. But we totally laughed at #9!

Maude - what a sweet lady you are! And you're just amazing in person!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

A daily nap is such a civilized activity. I used to take mine in my car waiting for school to get out. 1:45--park the car, 1: 50 fall asleep, 2:15, kids wake me up--the perfect little nap.

BSOB said...

remind me not to just drop by unless i have a tooth guard on. i'll be around for the week of new years - maybe see ya both at the chapter hse

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.