The wife is one of those frontier types---wants to bake bread, grow things, make jam. Every summer she picks a zillion berries and we measure them out and freeze them until we get a chance to make jam, usually dozens of jars, enough for a year's worth of PB and J. She dug through the freezer yesterday and made 2 batches, YUM!
A couple o' pots here....
Pottery by Gary Rith...
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- April = Awesome!
- 4 years ago today!
- le pigs
- the KITTEN haiku:
- "cats don't eat peanut butter, do they?"
- BENJI, Penny and GEORGES go commando....
- the VERY windy day...
- "are you hawt mama? you sure look that way to me..."
- "YESS! YESSS!"
- so ends a SASSY week....
- the lady takes a (brief) vacation
- "GOD, you're subjecting people to so much...": the...
- absolutely nothing of interest will happen today *
- I AM A WINNER and bamf
- "you're not growing a SOUL PATCH are you?"
- GOSH my life is so thoroughly boring....
- springtime, when a young monkey's heart turns to s...
- piggy gear....
- le WOLF: the moooovie
- I AM A KITCHEN GOD
- it usually snows on the first day of spring :)
- beagle teapot
- a gang of women and Georges Le Soq
- oh no, BECKY JO!!!!
- NOT gonna tell the squashed frog joke....
- the year of the TAT
- "ITS ALL ABOUT ME!"
- Benji, ME, Georges Le Soq, Missus O'Leary...
- "DON'T BLOG THIS!"
- oh GEORGES....
- tip THIS COW!
- BUY STUFF
- le interview
- the USUAL Friday thang...
- GIDDYUP Georges and Penny: the most important pos...
- Cows, Collins, Chapterhouse....
- the TEAPOT and girlfriend story
- scenes from the day, except you already know about...
- Georges Le Soq + DENTIST = !!!!!
- "just lie back and this won't hurt a bit"
- and the Oscar for best 7 minute pottery interview ...
- Spike and Emily Cats: NOT a fight to the death
- Friday revisited?
- a day that started at 2:28
- art road trip with Benji and Christi
- le roadtrip, part ONE with Georges Le Soq and Benji
- "you've got Ferret hair!"
- BE COOL
- Le Pennster....
- Benji the painter, ETC.
- Spike, Penny, other bits and pieces
- BENJI's paintings
- le cats!
- Mad potter
- BUSTER the black lab and why I put animals onto po...
- scenes from a Sunday :)
- ▼ March (60)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I wondered when you were going to make that jam. You usually make it on Thanksgiving, don't you?
There's nothing better than homemade jam. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get last year's berries out of the freezer and made into jam so there's room for this year's berries.
Could life be any better for Gary? NOPE: he has a frontier woman who makes him sweet stuff. I have never thought to make jam, but then again, I can't even grow a berry down here. But I got some 'maters.
Love the worm bowl..he is so cute.
growing tomatos in winter THAT IS SO UNFAIR ;^)
gotta love the raspberries, yum. i've got that radiohead cd around here somewhere, might have to dig it out.
we usually make it on Christmas, thanks for remembering kate! RUNNING LATE this year!
Does Maude make the jelly or does she leave the skins on and make jam?
Homemade jam is awesome. I haven't had any since my grandmother turned 90 and stopped making it.
That inchworm is so adorable!!
And so, of course, is Maude.♥
Our neighbor gave us a couple jars of homemade jam after the boys helped to shovel her out last month. YUM!!
I wish there was a 'like' button on blog comments like they have on FB. *LIKE* :)
I get excited when I pop over here hoping to see a kiln'ed, completed pink and red cow! :-D
YUM! Jam. Good thing too 'cuz we know you like your PB&J!
' knor knor' ---> that's what pigs say in Dutch.
I think in this case it means ' i like being here on this beautiful pot!'
(no idea what sound a caterpillar makes...)
Love your work and your blog, been reading it for a while now.
hopefully i'll be in pottery-blogland soon!
(shoot, that's the third time i've written that, got to get it out there!)
greetings from (rainy) Amsterdam
Yumm homemade jam!!!
Love the wormy dish and teapot!!
What is on Maude's oven mitts? Are those dinos?
I think one is a dino and the other a dog, for oven mitts :)
This made my mouth water. And I love that little worm on the pot.. the colours are wonderful
Ah...homemade jam. And whats better than having it with homemade bread??
Post a Comment