Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, March 22, 2010

I AM A KITCHEN GOD

I swear, nice as the weather was all weekend I spent all Sunday cooking and baking. The fridge is FULL and my belly too.
BTW, I never do anything, BUT I sure do take a lot of pictures of that nothing don't I?
Alright, first thing on Sunday I made me and the missus tater tot breakfast burritos, wowie!


Georges Le Soq was sleeping with Penny but got up to help



we made peanut butter chocolate cookies plus peanut butter and jam muffins, recipe below! * nothing is more fun than a muffin stuffed with pb and j


Spike and Penny all lovey dovey with me



the missus wanted to make more strawberry jam, I helped a bit and she cursed A LOT--my wife the kitchen dictator :)



and then I made 2 pizzas for dinnah :)

*You probably want to bake my peanut butter and jam muffins, they are soooo goood
I am calling it my recipe now, because I made so many changes to the original

Gary's PB and J muffins

preheat to 400, grease 12 muffin tin
mix 1 cup rice milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
add and stir in 1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose white flour
1/4 sugar
4 tsp. baking powder

stir all that well, then spoon muffin mixture into each muffin cup about 1/3 full
then spoon on top of that a spoon full of peanut butter and a spoon full of jam---then cover each one with a scoop of batter to cover the pb and j---smear it a little to cover entirely
--bake 17-20 mins at 400 until they look golden and crisp and a knife stuck in comes out clean :) let sit for a couple of minutes to cool then remove muffins from pan to finish cooling on wire rack, YUMMO!

omigosh the BEST 80s NEW WAVE tune evah....

14 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you are the master- come and cook here anytime!

cookingwithgas said...

PS_ I will put the snakes away while you are here!

Anonymous said...

Do you make your own crust? And what is that on there that looks like pepperoni?

Unknown said...

I just ate breakfast, but this post made me hungry all over again.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I do make my own crust, and it is soy pepperoni from Yves :)

Land of shimp said...

For some reason I had it in my head that you were a Vegan, Gary. I was actually somewhat relieved to see that you had an egg in your recipes, relived only in that whereas I was a vegetarian for ten years, so no meat is no big deal to me, but unable to use eggs? I'm the most frightening baker in the known world when I try to bake without eggs, or dairy.

I've tried Vegan recipes and ...oh dear. I render them into something that should not be consumed.

Also, Tater Tots should pay you for endorsing their products :-) I'm not kidding, I bought some at the grocery store for probably the first time in twenty years yesterday.

Land of shimp said...

Also, I have Talk-Talk's version on my iPod (product of a consumerist society that I am) as well as one of their other songs.

Some teeny bopper queen of the moment remade this song a few years back.

It's worse than my Vegan baking attempts.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YOU GOTTA HAVE TOTS. I am vegan. Well, I use the occaisional egg--so let's call me vegetarian-no dairy :)

Jay said...

PB and Jam muffins look really good! I might have to try those sometime.

Anonymous said...

cooking and making glazes are closer than we think, as long as we don't get any iron oxide in the cookies. amigo, i posted a rare pic of mom today.

Unknown said...

Yummmy!!!!

Hilary said...

Oh yum!

Cheryl said...

You are to be commended for spending a lovely Sunday indoors cooking and baking. But when I am eating leftovers for the second day in a row you and Maude will be feasting. I cannot wait to try the PB&J muffins.

Unknown said...

Ever tried a dollop of a really good English-made orange marmalade in your muffins? Try it, you'll like it! The kind with the zip of the peel, not that sissy stuff we make.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.