Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, March 29, 2010

the VERY windy day...


(dishes by Gary Rith) Becky Jo last week is like "I am making little tiny dishes for teabags" and I am like "hey, I could try that!" and she is like "make a piggy on its back showing its belly!" which is a brilliant idea, and then I made some others....I'd say they are good for lots of things, even as spoon rests or as a small candy dish....


Twas a totally windy day yesterday, windy and COLD but we took one of the kites over to the park and holy cats twas fun....

Emily lets it all hang out---you probably don't want to visit us anymore, do you, seeing how we act at the table with the cats and dogs....




Tony came along to fly kites....

That little speck in the middle is me and the kite, Mount Pleasant in the back ground

this is the wife's back, looks kinda stormy eh?

16 comments:

Gordo said...

Yah, t'was freezing up here as well. Kites are awesome. I have directions to build a camera rig to go under one, but I haven't built it yet. Maybe this year. :-)

kate et jim said...

Not so much windy as it was cold, yesterday, here. Same for today with LOTS of rain.

Gallow said...

I'm udderly amazed at the cow dish.

Unknown said...

Nice widgets! The little teabag/candy/spoon thingies are multifunctional, so I'm calling them widgets (also a nickname from my youth). :)

I told Brian "Gary is going to fly kites today" and he said "Oh, is it too windy for their planes?" :)

Anonymous said...

damn amigo... it looks colder than a well-digger's ass.

Jay said...

It was a super windy here too! Just sitting in the car at a traffic light the wind was making the car shake. I didn't even think about getting a kite though. ;-)

Kimberly said...

Love the little tea baggies plates. Just no tea baggers please. Those guys give tea a really bad rap.

cindy shake said...

I'm with Kimberly!

SLADE said...

ditto!

Lynda said...

Find any kite-eating trees??

Busy Bee Suz said...

Holy Cats!! Kites and cute lil' plates. You are tres' cool!!

Susan as Herself said...

I would use those little dishes for the occasional wet cat food I give to Chief. Especially if it had a mouse on it. :)

soubriquet said...

I love those tea-bag dishes, especially the cows!

Ages since I flew a kite... I went once to an international kite flying competition, saw some awe-inspiring things, there was a team with a man-lifting kite, a copy of design from about 1900, phew. I wouldn't trust it, the wind's too fickle.

But I make and throw a mean boomerang!

Matt Sutkoski said...

As long as you didn't find any kite-eating electrical lines, all is well, no?
Looks like fun!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Not a lot of wind here, but goodness it was cold! What happened to my spring?!?

Off on vacation in the AM -- guess where? :)

Cheryl said...

Looks like a great kite-flying day! I haven't done that in ages...Love the little spoon rests (thats what I would call 'em) they are fantastic!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.