Some of you know this story, and I am realizing today is a big day. 4 years ago today we signed the papers on our purple house in Ithaca and moved in! Twas an unusually hot 70 degree day (sure isn't warm today...but due to warm up tomorrow!)
We had lived in New Hampshire in our first house, seen below a couple of clicks, for over ten years.
Here is the missus and our old dog Petey on our first arrival in this house. He was nearly 19 years old, and that evening he came in, looked around, and fell asleep on a trash bag. He was the absolute BEST little dog, and passed away 6 weeks after we moved in. It really was like he wanted to help us move and get settled, and then his work was done....man, I miss him....
And here is our house in the New Hampshire woods. It was small, but had skylights, wood floors, was wide open inside on its own little hilltop at the end of a dirt road, woods all around. We still own the land across the street, 3 house lots, and at the bottom of this post you can click the link and buy them from us :)
So here is the missus in fron of THIS house last summer....
...and here is the purple house in January :)
(you can find the land listed here, and buy it! This realtor, go to the QUICK SEARCH button and put in Mls Number: MLS#: 2794293)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- April = Awesome!
- 4 years ago today!
- le pigs
- the KITTEN haiku:
- "cats don't eat peanut butter, do they?"
- BENJI, Penny and GEORGES go commando....
- the VERY windy day...
- "are you hawt mama? you sure look that way to me..."
- "YESS! YESSS!"
- so ends a SASSY week....
- the lady takes a (brief) vacation
- "GOD, you're subjecting people to so much...": the...
- absolutely nothing of interest will happen today *
- I AM A WINNER and bamf
- "you're not growing a SOUL PATCH are you?"
- GOSH my life is so thoroughly boring....
- springtime, when a young monkey's heart turns to s...
- piggy gear....
- le WOLF: the moooovie
- I AM A KITCHEN GOD
- it usually snows on the first day of spring :)
- beagle teapot
- a gang of women and Georges Le Soq
- oh no, BECKY JO!!!!
- NOT gonna tell the squashed frog joke....
- the year of the TAT
- "ITS ALL ABOUT ME!"
- Benji, ME, Georges Le Soq, Missus O'Leary...
- "DON'T BLOG THIS!"
- oh GEORGES....
- tip THIS COW!
- BUY STUFF
- le interview
- the USUAL Friday thang...
- GIDDYUP Georges and Penny: the most important pos...
- Cows, Collins, Chapterhouse....
- the TEAPOT and girlfriend story
- scenes from the day, except you already know about...
- Georges Le Soq + DENTIST = !!!!!
- "just lie back and this won't hurt a bit"
- and the Oscar for best 7 minute pottery interview ...
- Spike and Emily Cats: NOT a fight to the death
- Friday revisited?
- a day that started at 2:28
- art road trip with Benji and Christi
- le roadtrip, part ONE with Georges Le Soq and Benji
- "you've got Ferret hair!"
- BE COOL
- Le Pennster....
- Benji the painter, ETC.
- Spike, Penny, other bits and pieces
- BENJI's paintings
- le cats!
- Mad potter
- BUSTER the black lab and why I put animals onto po...
- scenes from a Sunday :)
- ▼ March (60)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I love your purple house. I would buy that land in NH from ya, but what would I do with it? ;-)
Both very cute houses, but I'm partial to purple. It's funner. :)
I love your purple house!, but you must miss the woods abit no?
I'd buy it and put a studio on it -but the commute would be tough...
Aww great story, Petey was a lovely doggy, I am sure you miss him lots.
Love you purple house!
Wish your land wasn't so far away, what a great buy!
All that snow needs a purple house to brighten things up--and you and the Missus as well.
Both houses are so charming. You are very lucky to have them!
I do like the purple house. It brightens the landscape for sure.
I love your old house...but this one just screams YOU!!!
That house is SWEET! You went from cool to cooler. That's the Gary way.
well, all in all it was a great decision. it's sad about petey but my 19 year old dog, butchie, died last spring and i know how much you miss 'em. the 20 year barrier is difficult to get past. happy birthday amigo!
Post a Comment