Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

4 years ago today!

Some of you know this story, and I am realizing today is a big day. 4 years ago today we signed the papers on our purple house in Ithaca and moved in! Twas an unusually hot 70 degree day (sure isn't warm today...but due to warm up tomorrow!)
We had lived in New Hampshire in our first house, seen below a couple of clicks, for over ten years.
Here is the missus and our old dog Petey on our first arrival in this house. He was nearly 19 years old, and that evening he came in, looked around, and fell asleep on a trash bag. He was the absolute BEST little dog, and passed away 6 weeks after we moved in. It really was like he wanted to help us move and get settled, and then his work was done....man, I miss him....


And here is our house in the New Hampshire woods. It was small, but had skylights, wood floors, was wide open inside on its own little hilltop at the end of a dirt road, woods all around. We still own the land across the street, 3 house lots, and at the bottom of this post you can click the link and buy them from us :)

So here is the missus in fron of THIS house last summer....


...and here is the purple house in January :)
Come visit!

(you can find the land listed here, and buy it! This realtor, go to the QUICK SEARCH button and put in Mls Number: MLS#: 2794293)

11 comments:

Jay said...

I love your purple house. I would buy that land in NH from ya, but what would I do with it? ;-)

Unknown said...

Both very cute houses, but I'm partial to purple. It's funner. :)

Liz said...

I love your purple house!, but you must miss the woods abit no?

cindy shake said...

I'd buy it and put a studio on it -but the commute would be tough...

Unknown said...

Aww great story, Petey was a lovely doggy, I am sure you miss him lots.

Love you purple house!

Wish your land wasn't so far away, what a great buy!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

All that snow needs a purple house to brighten things up--and you and the Missus as well.

Susan as Herself said...

Both houses are so charming. You are very lucky to have them!

Cheryl said...

I do like the purple house. It brightens the landscape for sure.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love your old house...but this one just screams YOU!!!

Reverend Awesome said...

That house is SWEET! You went from cool to cooler. That's the Gary way.

Anonymous said...

well, all in all it was a great decision. it's sad about petey but my 19 year old dog, butchie, died last spring and i know how much you miss 'em. the 20 year barrier is difficult to get past. happy birthday amigo!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.