Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, March 5, 2010

G.R.E.A.T.

SO I have to deliver some of these pots up to Nance in her gallery. My pal from Duh Moines Kasey once said "I can see Nancy is a good time gal" and you can see she is pretty saucy and sassy. Nance herself is a painter (she paints on ....Everything!) plus she runs this nice gallery next to a kickin' bakery.
ANYWAY I have taught classes at her store, which if I may speak frankly, I have to admit to making a lot of money doing the classes. I will show up with a box full of supplies and help students make a project and then fire it up at home. Then Nance gives me a fat check.
SO she is always pestering me to teach more, but being the stubborn/shy person I am, I have resisted but she convinced me yesterday----because I want no more than 3 students. I will teach MANY classes, but only just with 3 people--I figure I can handle little groups without getting too uptight.
WE ALSO cooked up a brilliant idea. We had both been on the Ithaca Art Trail, which is super expensive for the traffic coming in the door. Me and my wife had considered having our own open houses, of course, which would cost NOTHING. Nance didn't know that and she suggested the same thing. Maybe we could call it G.R.E.A.T. for Groton-Etna Art Trail (name of our towns). I think its pretty brilliant, and she sez maybe we could get Gallow and Dee involved.




(bowls by Gary Rith)

AND I am going on a wee little road trip today. Let's just say I get to be Linc I think---more on that later.
(remember the MOD SQUAD? Holy cats Peggy Lipton was cute)

16 comments:

Matt Sutkoski said...

The bowls in this post are so much fun---they're great.

Nicki said...

I am going to have to keep my eyes open for the class info! I could probably fill up a class of three for you!!!

Have a great day! I love Nance's lampshade and your creations.

Gallow said...

Count me in on the G.R.E.A.T.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Solid Gary! Thanks for the "sausy" plug!

denis said...

another brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

Good call, Nance! Way better idea, since it's *CRAZY* to pay out all that cash for art trail. Besides, I lik G.R.E.A.T. better, it makes you all sound so... great! :)

Reverend Awesome said...

There she is again! You can just tell that she's someone you want to be around. The hair and the smile. She just seems so fun.

I'm very much for your own art trail. As you know.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think that is just GREAT.
I love people who wear lampshades!!!

fiwa said...

That sounds like a fantastic idea! Good luck with it - wish I lived close enough to come do the trail.

Anonymous said...

Interessant!

Susan as Herself said...

I think GREAT is a great idea!!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

That sounds super smart! And, I love the lamp shade!

Jeannette StG said...

Wish I lived there, because I certainly would take a class with you! Nancy's art is very colorful, and the pics you took of her, that's exactly how I pictured her!

Land of shimp said...

Oh that sounds like great fun! Whee!

Does Nance have any pets? I'm hoping not because it's not a good idea to paint those, you know. Oh...yes, everything, not everyone. Good!

Kimberly said...

The Mod Squad... Oh God!!!

Unknown said...

OOO!! Wish I could take a class too!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.