Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, March 12, 2010

GIDDYUP Georges and Penny: the most important post I have ever done

You know, Wall Street will crash, earthquakes will topple cities, politicians will diddle staffers, but you KNOW something more important is happening HERE.
This morning I see Georges quietly following Penny beagle around. He reaches into MY piggy bank and...


....I hear Georges telling Penny (who is sweet but not terribly smart, you know???)
"Penny mon sweetie, I give you nickel for, how you say, PONY RIDE. But we call it PENNY RIDE, no?"

Penny doesn't speak French but Georges doesn't realize that and he goes BACK to my piggy bank and fishes out a quarter and Georges is like
"Mon ami DOG, I give you zis quarter too, eess most valuable" and she stares at him, maybe ready for a nap. AND THEN....


I see Georges go to the fridge and he pulls out the blueberries. And he is like
"Penny, mon athlete, vill you play pony for zee blueberry? Every body know zis: beagles love blueberries...."

and while she chomps happily he slips around her and rides.....


10 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

Ride 'em, cowboy.

Matt Sutkoski said...

Hope Georges is Ok after the spill from Penny. He should be more careful.

Barbara said...

Penny is a patient pooch and obviously will do anything for a blueberry, but Georges needs some riding lessons (or opposable thumbs).

Lori Buff said...

I really like the cup rug.

Susan as Herself said...

I would like to see Georges on a mechanical bull.

Kimberly said...

Georges est un cowboy, tres marvelliouse est formidable!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Georges, Georges, Georges... what are we gonna do with you?

a m dohan said...

I can't decide if a) it's a really good thing that you don't have kids, or b) you really need some kids...

Blondi Blathers said...

Gary, Gary, Gary. Somebody really does have too much time on his hands. And embarrassing your dog like that!

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness, what a laugh I got. Georges is one slick guy...

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.