Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, March 12, 2010

Cows, Collins, Chapterhouse....

Impossibly busy day here yesterday. Today shall be too, ending up, of course, at Friday Happy Hour at the Chapterhouse.
Yesterday I was making my FIRST EVER teapots shaped like a cow, and I made, 2, they are looking GOOD....
YOU KNOW there are teats below. The wife is always reminding me that cow teats are more between the back legs. I sorta center the teats, OH WELL....


You have here some more cat sculptures I made, look below at the models....

I grabbed the camera and got ready to snap and...


Got Spike midair in a leap, coolio!


Last night we went to a poetry reading at Cornell, with hundreds of other people. I had never been to a poetry reading before. Billy Collins is a famous poet because he writes about ordinary things and is funny as hell....for example, he was cracking jokes at blogs and facebook, the sheer inanity of most people's self expression...AHEM. I don't think I am all that inane....
Billy Collins reading one of his best....


This poem, not read by Billy, but super funny---BUZZING AROUND THE HOUSE on espresso.
At the moment, for example, I AM buzzing around the house on espresso.

9 comments:

Gordo said...

Buzz, buzz, buzz!

I can't wait to see those teapots glazed. :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

The cows are cute...teats and ALL.
Spike is magical..and way cool.

Hilary said...

She says between its hind legs.. you say centered... teats its own. ;)

Those cows are udderly adorable.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

No espresso for me...I'll meet my dear sweet java again Saturday morning after good Friday. ;-)

You must have reached into my brain about the cow teapots. This was what I totally had in mind but I didn't think you could to the teets because you have to warm the pot.

FYI, I have a gas range, that won't hurt the pots, right?

:-)

Stacey B said...

Cow teapots are AMAZING! I'm absolutely in love and can't wait to see them finished!!!

Kim Hines said...

the teapots are great, looks like they're mid-moo!

Unknown said...

Cow teapots!!!!! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see them finished.

Cheryl said...

Love the cow teapots!!

Anonymous said...

(M)OOooooo! Cow Teapots!!

And I can't get over how HUGE Spike is. I think of him while I pet and tummy-rub the cat I am taking care of this week. (She is also a 20-lb cat. MEOW!)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.