Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

scenes from the day, except you already know about the dentist

Yesterday late morning Benji is on the road and he calls
"man, can I pick up the kiln?" and I am like "YEP" so Benji comes over and he makes pots but his kiln is kaput and I have this thrid little kiln collecting dust...


and we are out there loading up and Benji is like "where's the phtotographer getting the action photos?" but there is only ME and my camera and we load the little kiln up....


as you know I am in the mood to make wee little teapots all day long....



my favorite part is FINISHING pots and I was joking yesterday that it would be fun to have somebody to throw the parts for me to assemble...but that is not true...here is what went into the teapots above....


Farmer's wife is thinking about teapots herself, except she sez PINK with red spots maybe? I try red with pink spots (left) and it does NOT work very well, but the tile on the right looks very good....


AND YOU KNOW I live for pizza....and burritos.....

12 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

you make some mighty fine teapots GR.
And the pizza- divine!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Hey! I have that same baking stone! ;-)

Pizza looks yummy!

I agree, the tile on the right worked out much better. I like to see'em spots. :-)

I think it'd make a nice spotted cow teapot. :-)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Man-o-man that pizza looks GREAT!

Kimberly said...

From a kiln to a pizza. I hope lugging that monster to the car was worth the effort.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That pizza looks so great!!!!
You are so nice to share your kiln!

BSOB said...

New Restaurant in town:

Pizza, Burritos and Teapots!

instant success.

Susan as Herself said...

That's an action packed day. But a day that ends with pizza can't be all bad.

Kimberly said...

I love pizza.

Reverend Awesome said...

A true friend shares his kiln with you. And then makes pizza!

kate et jim said...

I like Ben in bed, much better. Mmmm hummm. ;)

Where's Celeste been lately???

Anonymous said...

teapots are looking great as always amigo... i can't get over the shot of the kiln in the backseat. sometimes i wish i could take my kiln out for a ride

Cheryl said...

Umm...could you Fed-Ex me a pizza just like the one in the photo?? Please??

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.