Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, March 19, 2010
oh no, BECKY JO!!!!
So I get this CRUSHED box in the mail, and I am like "OH NO! Becky Jo, the PO is STINKO!" but I open the box and HOLY CATS (sez Spike the cat) WHAT A BOWL!!!! (and not broken :)
Becky Jo is a potter in Iowa, and she is also a trucker. Not too many of those out there, huh? I was gonna pots on her today anyway, because yesterday she is like
"I am making tea bag holders" and I am like "I outta make some, I never have, and I drink tea all day long!" and she very cleverly adds "you should make little pigs lying on their backs tea bag holders!" and I am like "brilliant Becky JO!" and naturally I start to think about it, and decide to make a couple of other styles too, although I am thinking now I could also make dogs....they would be good as a small candy or nuts dish or even spoon holder.
ANYWAY, Becky Jo's pots kick AZZ so go over and buy some...which will make you cool like me!
(tea bag holders by Gary Rith)
ALSO, of course, I got some pots going into my online gallery, check 'em out...
(mug by Gary Rith)
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- April = Awesome!
- 4 years ago today!
- le pigs
- the KITTEN haiku:
- "cats don't eat peanut butter, do they?"
- BENJI, Penny and GEORGES go commando....
- the VERY windy day...
- "are you hawt mama? you sure look that way to me..."
- "YESS! YESSS!"
- so ends a SASSY week....
- the lady takes a (brief) vacation
- "GOD, you're subjecting people to so much...": the...
- absolutely nothing of interest will happen today *
- I AM A WINNER and bamf
- "you're not growing a SOUL PATCH are you?"
- GOSH my life is so thoroughly boring....
- springtime, when a young monkey's heart turns to s...
- piggy gear....
- le WOLF: the moooovie
- I AM A KITCHEN GOD
- it usually snows on the first day of spring :)
- beagle teapot
- a gang of women and Georges Le Soq
- oh no, BECKY JO!!!!
- NOT gonna tell the squashed frog joke....
- the year of the TAT
- "ITS ALL ABOUT ME!"
- Benji, ME, Georges Le Soq, Missus O'Leary...
- "DON'T BLOG THIS!"
- oh GEORGES....
- tip THIS COW!
- BUY STUFF
- le interview
- the USUAL Friday thang...
- GIDDYUP Georges and Penny: the most important pos...
- Cows, Collins, Chapterhouse....
- the TEAPOT and girlfriend story
- scenes from the day, except you already know about...
- Georges Le Soq + DENTIST = !!!!!
- "just lie back and this won't hurt a bit"
- and the Oscar for best 7 minute pottery interview ...
- Spike and Emily Cats: NOT a fight to the death
- Friday revisited?
- a day that started at 2:28
- art road trip with Benji and Christi
- le roadtrip, part ONE with Georges Le Soq and Benji
- "you've got Ferret hair!"
- BE COOL
- Le Pennster....
- Benji the painter, ETC.
- Spike, Penny, other bits and pieces
- BENJI's paintings
- le cats!
- Mad potter
- BUSTER the black lab and why I put animals onto po...
- scenes from a Sunday :)
- ▼ March (60)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Thanks for the blog post, Gary! Those are some very nice teabag/spoonrest/candy dishes! I especially like the one with the belly button. :)
That's also a good reminder on how brutal the postal service can be. Glad you got it in one piece.
They are totally delightful! Love it.
I like the sharpie fun times on Becky's box. That's probably why the post office dicked with it. They are known for hating fun.
The one with the face inside the pot is my favorite. Nice work!
I lOVE THESE!!!!! I too drink buckets of tea.
I love your blog! I love the teabag holders.
Clever you, veryveryvery clever!
Very clever. Love the tea pot one.
Very nice bowl. I love the tea bag holders, very cool.
Post a Comment