Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, March 1, 2010

scenes from a Sunday :)

Today is Buster the black lab's birthday, he turns 11. He has been wonderfully healthy and youthful but geez, not a good week for him---sore leg, which is better, but we have not taken him for his walkies, and yesterday he vomited a number of times--mebbe because of the treats. I hope so.

Yesterday morning we got up and it was pretty snow on everything, like a movie. Penny was up on the deck looking out for bunnies and squirrels.



Our house from the street. We have a fair amount of snow.

From the bridge near our house, looking at the river and our back yard from behind---a couple of views.


Last time we went to Cornell Cinema with Georges Le Soq, there was an incident with the popcorn and they forbade him from returning, EVER. He is a sneaky little monkey, and snuck into the wife's coat pocket because we went to see the Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts, which included WALLACE AND GROMIT! W and G was superb, of course, and one day I want a DVD of all of them, but this one included a surprise POTTERY SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



13 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Tell Buster that I throw up around my birthday as well!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Buster! :) Pennster is so cute up there with her little coat and giant ears... and I LOVE GROMIT!... and I don't care who hears me. :)

denis said...

happy birthday buster!

isn't it someone else's birthday as well???

Anonymous said...

poor buster... i hope he's ok. the snow is beautiful but i bet it's getting old about now. shots of penny on guard are a scream

Gordo said...

We've been wondering about Buster's leg. Glad he's coming around. I LOVE that first picture of Penny looking for prey, too. :-)

Georges may be a cheeky monkey, but it wasn't him that snuck a camera into the theatre! LOL

Jay said...

Happy birthday to Buster!

cindy shake said...

Happy birthday to Buster! Great shot of Penny the lookout dog! We watched W & G A Matter of Loaf and Death last night!!

Trish said...

Happy days to all. :)..
Goooood guard dog!
and beautiful snow pics.
..marvelous March to you!

Susan as Herself said...

Ooooh I love Wallace and Gromit.

Georges is so naughty. But it is hard to not play with popcorn. And the smell is intoxicating!

Your snow looks much cleaner and whiter than ours here in Chi-town.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Buster, hope you are feeling better soon.

Love the pic of Penny's head sticking out the railings.
It looks so pretty there with all that snow.

Matt Sutkoski said...

Great snow/dog photos!
And I add my Buster birthday greetings

Cheryl said...

I loved the photos of Penny on lookout! She obviously takes her job very seriously! You sure do have a lot of snow. We have bare ground after days of rain off and on. Mud season has arrived!

Land of shimp said...

Oh thank goodness for people with purple houses. I mean that, by the way. Not trying to be snarky. I live in an HOA...never thought I would, but that's how it worked out last year...and it's nice to have all these rules and regulations to keep the peace, blah blah blah...let's just say my old neighborhood could be a little too free-spirited, as can happen in metro areas, with not enough space between houses.

So the peace is nice, but I miss things like the ability to paint the house purple...and purple, green, pink houses...or the guy who stuck Christmas Trees all over the exterior of his house.

I like the peace, I miss the variety....and I'm so glad to be able to still see it...with less noise, and some doggies to boot!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.