Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, May 24, 2010

my trunk monkey Georges Le Soq scores the throne....

Ever mindful of my AZZ, Georges is dragging this down the street today. I am like
"Georges, don't steal things, TAKE IT BACK" and he is like
"NO monsieur Crabby, ees for YOU. Leetle gift. Said free on it, was on le curb. Only missing one wheel!" and I am like
"GEORGES!!! Nice....help yerself to some of that cheapo jug vino in the fridge....".
The chair at my wheel was like, high tech office, circa 1949. I got it out of a dumpster. Rugged steel and a "cushion" with sprung springs, including one that is a little too intimate if you see what I mean. It goes to the dump or something, and I am grateful to my neighbors for putting this on the road and Georges for grabbing it. Sometimes you think
"Georges has got my back". Check out trunk monkey below (and dig it: CLAY already on the new chair! wood block for the fifth wheel!)


(thanks Maureen Johnson for the suggestion)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You go Georges! What a fantastic find. He certainly did deserve some vino and maybe even some muffins. I love the trunk monkey ads...nothing like going into hysterics while watching an ad and everyone in another room wondering what the heck is going on...Thanks for the video!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Gotta give it to Georges!! He's one heck of a trunk monkey!!! He deserves Tater Tots Enchiladas for scoring that chair!!! ;-)

claydancer said...

Absolutely Hilarious!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.