The wife and her classy pal Judy are forming a book group. They decided, not consulting the lone dude in the group, that we would read PERSUASION by Jane Austen. I have picked up Jane before...and set her back down. I was willing to try this book.....but.....after 50 pages, YAWN....I did enjoy that movie last year with Anne Hathaway or whoever, YOUNG JANE AUSTEN or whatever it was, but anyway, here is what I wrote as I set the book aside last night for the mystery I preferred:
NOT MY CUP OF TEA
Where are the thrills, the chills, the murder, the mayhem, the car chases, the car crashes, NAY, where are the vampires, the demons, the wizards, the werewolfs, the goons, the geeks, the broads, the b!tches, the dames? Who cares about his lordship and the various misses and ladies and farmers and their frivolity? So I go back to the crazy thriller byt the author of LA CONFIDETIAL, James Elroy, whose mother was tragically murdered when he was young and whose work promises all the car chases, murders, mayhem and broads a guy could ask for....
(Kasey made me this rather fab picture to show off her mad skillz)
Note: when you don't feel well for a few days, it is hard to do anything, and when you start to feel better, DANG! You feel like you got lucky.
Note, part 2: I put sugar down twice in yesterday's recipe (THANKS FOR NOTHING GEORGES) and have since corrected it
Note, part 3: I still want a MAC, but shoot, it would pretty much cost a sh!tload, and do we wanna do that? This babytop computer is working very well....
Glazing yesterday, this stuff is about 5oo degrees now, headed to 2200 degrees today and out tomorrow. YEow!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- "that is just so inconvenient, like LIFE"
- oh yaaaaay!
- "what is that ice cream cone with boobs thing?"
- large piggy teapot
- nice pair of.....
- like the Sears tower....
- the owl and the pussycat and the dawg
- the dream hamster reappears....
- typical Frenchman....
- dig IT
- "won't you take me down, to bunny town?"
- "don't blog that"
- my trunk monkey Georges Le Soq scores the throne....
- purple and green
- le frolic....
- Dang, lookit the beautiful plate Becky Jo sent me-...
- seksy devil.....
- looking AWESOME
- you have to admit, she is a cute doggy
- why YES, that IS why our house is bright purple
- Georges Le Soq is NOT on fire
- cursing like a sailor for the soul
- book group Persuasions
- Georges Le Soq's lazy azz BAMF blueberry muffin re...
- kick AZZ
- Becky was a BAD girl
- off like a......
- new BLUE
- can't touch this....
- BITTEN KITTEN
- the many variations...
- that whole hobo sleeping outside thang....
- big BOWL
- ON THE beach...
- more along those lines....
- tall, thin, curvy....
- "Christi, what does BAMF mean????"
- been a long time....
- on a roll, baby....
- Stevo: BAMF Art Blogger
- OK, Sunday = :)
- a little more Benji
- back to the bathtub
- BENJI gets the BABB* tap
- AZZLESS CHAPS IN PUBLIC: kids, don't do this at home
- more than nice :)
- oh what a night.....
- ...and this is how the evening ended...*
- WWGLSD?* disaster averted episode!
- "Is he gay?"
- LIZZIE goes BABB*
- WWGLSD*: NINJA edition....
- Becky Jo is Uber B.A.B.B.
- WWGLSD???* chapter 2
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH
- WWGLSD? *
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH* goes live
- PITA PIZZAS
- THE joke about the BLONDE and the CAT
- le sale
- cabana boy, C'EST MOI
- the wife cooks for a change...
- heart scones
- we get muddy, we get glamorous
- remember Ace Ventura, Pet Detective???
- one of my dirty little secrets which also happens ...
- there is something about a bar and a table full of...
- ▼ May (76)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Loving seeing "almost baked" stuff! Are there 4 Licorice Black lovelies in that load?
I don't think I could read Jane Austen either..and I am a girl.
I've never tried reading any Jane Austen. I just got through reading Carrie Fischer's book "Wishful Drinking" which I LOVED and now I'm reading "Full Frontal Feminism." I'm on a kick ass lady kick after just getting through reading Lone Survivor about a Navy Seal. That was pretty rough stuff.
Also, YAY! Gary+Maude=LOVE!
Boring. Thats what I think about that type of book. I like to read junk.
Save me some mugs Gary!
I love jane austin. And a good whiskey
My first paper at university was on Jane Austin's Emma. I never did finish the book.
Post a Comment