WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, May 2, 2010
So the wife is like
"PLEASE make the scones" and I am like "well OK, freestyle shape, circles, wedges or hearts???" and you know her answer to that.
Recipe below :)
non-dairy scones from Gary Rith
-preheat to 400
-in large mixing bowl, put 8 tablespoons of non-hydrogenated butter or margerine substitute, like Earth Balance
-soften in microwave (if not left out for 30 minutes), about 27 seconds
-add large egg, stir
-add 1/2 cup sour cream substitute made of soy, or Stoneyfield's o'soy yogurt, stir and stir and stir
-dump in 2 cups flour
-add 1/3 cup sugar
-add 1 teaspoon baking powder and
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda and
-tiny pinch of salt, stir stir stir and stir!
--if you are adding raisins or dried currants or dried cranberries, add 1/3 cup or more plus nuts too and stir in
-mixture will probably look like it needs some hand work, so reach into the bowl and begin kneading, then turn out onto floured board and knead and knead and knead for a minute, then form it into a nice flat disk about 1 1/4-1 1/2 inch thick, cut into 8 or ten wedges
--place wedges onto cookie sheet, bake ten minutes, open oven and have a look! when edges start to brown, they are done
--the second I pull them out of the oven I sprinkle a little cinammon sugar on top of each one, holy carp that's tasty!---then set them onto cooling rack
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- "that is just so inconvenient, like LIFE"
- oh yaaaaay!
- "what is that ice cream cone with boobs thing?"
- large piggy teapot
- nice pair of.....
- like the Sears tower....
- the owl and the pussycat and the dawg
- the dream hamster reappears....
- typical Frenchman....
- dig IT
- "won't you take me down, to bunny town?"
- "don't blog that"
- my trunk monkey Georges Le Soq scores the throne....
- purple and green
- le frolic....
- Dang, lookit the beautiful plate Becky Jo sent me...
- seksy devil.....
- looking AWESOME
- you have to admit, she is a cute doggy
- why YES, that IS why our house is bright purple
- Georges Le Soq is NOT on fire
- cursing like a sailor for the soul
- book group Persuasions
- Georges Le Soq's lazy azz BAMF blueberry muffin re...
- kick AZZ
- Becky was a BAD girl
- off like a......
- new BLUE
- can't touch this....
- BITTEN KITTEN
- the many variations...
- that whole hobo sleeping outside thang....
- big BOWL
- ON THE beach...
- more along those lines....
- tall, thin, curvy....
- "Christi, what does BAMF mean????"
- been a long time....
- on a roll, baby....
- Stevo: BAMF Art Blogger
- OK, Sunday = :)
- a little more Benji
- back to the bathtub
- BENJI gets the BABB* tap
- AZZLESS CHAPS IN PUBLIC: kids, don't do this at home
- more than nice :)
- oh what a night.....
- ...and this is how the evening ended...*
- WWGLSD?* disaster averted episode!
- "Is he gay?"
- LIZZIE goes BABB*
- WWGLSD*: NINJA edition....
- Becky Jo is Uber B.A.B.B.
- WWGLSD???* chapter 2
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH
- WWGLSD? *
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH* goes live
- PITA PIZZAS
- THE joke about the BLONDE and the CAT
- le sale
- cabana boy, C'EST MOI
- the wife cooks for a change...
- heart scones
- we get muddy, we get glamorous
- remember Ace Ventura, Pet Detective???
- one of my dirty little secrets which also happens ...
- there is something about a bar and a table full of...
- ▼ May (76)