Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Dang, lookit the beautiful plate Becky Jo sent me--what a wonderful potter! I am humbled by this kind of talent! I cannot BELIEVE the skill with which she decorated this plate! Thanks Beckster!
The wife wanted to go to huge garage sales and I said I would drop her and go to Cornell Plantations (acres of gardens and woods and all) with the beagle and meet her at JJ's. JJ's has the nicest patio in town for your coffee and such, and JJ herself gave Penny a treat. Moreover, they have a book swap. I think you can help yourself to the hundreds on the shelf, but it seems fair to leave 2 and take 2, for example. I left 2 dud books and took away 2 prizewinners, YAAAY!
This is the second piggy teapot I have made, the first was small, this one very big. Bill asked for it. Total fun to make, and then these pitchers: I am experimenting with shape and making sort of river forms on pieces.....these things are looking GOOD...now have to move the idea along to the next experiment....
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 8:06 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- "that is just so inconvenient, like LIFE"
- oh yaaaaay!
- "what is that ice cream cone with boobs thing?"
- large piggy teapot
- nice pair of.....
- like the Sears tower....
- the owl and the pussycat and the dawg
- the dream hamster reappears....
- typical Frenchman....
- dig IT
- "won't you take me down, to bunny town?"
- "don't blog that"
- my trunk monkey Georges Le Soq scores the throne....
- purple and green
- le frolic....
- Dang, lookit the beautiful plate Becky Jo sent me-...
- seksy devil.....
- looking AWESOME
- you have to admit, she is a cute doggy
- why YES, that IS why our house is bright purple
- Georges Le Soq is NOT on fire
- cursing like a sailor for the soul
- book group Persuasions
- Georges Le Soq's lazy azz BAMF blueberry muffin re...
- kick AZZ
- Becky was a BAD girl
- off like a......
- new BLUE
- can't touch this....
- BITTEN KITTEN
- the many variations...
- that whole hobo sleeping outside thang....
- big BOWL
- ON THE beach...
- more along those lines....
- tall, thin, curvy....
- "Christi, what does BAMF mean????"
- been a long time....
- on a roll, baby....
- Stevo: BAMF Art Blogger
- OK, Sunday = :)
- a little more Benji
- back to the bathtub
- BENJI gets the BABB* tap
- AZZLESS CHAPS IN PUBLIC: kids, don't do this at home
- more than nice :)
- oh what a night.....
- ...and this is how the evening ended...*
- WWGLSD?* disaster averted episode!
- "Is he gay?"
- LIZZIE goes BABB*
- WWGLSD*: NINJA edition....
- Becky Jo is Uber B.A.B.B.
- WWGLSD???* chapter 2
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH
- WWGLSD? *
- BAMF ART BLOG BUNCH* goes live
- PITA PIZZAS
- THE joke about the BLONDE and the CAT
- le sale
- cabana boy, C'EST MOI
- the wife cooks for a change...
- heart scones
- we get muddy, we get glamorous
- remember Ace Ventura, Pet Detective???
- one of my dirty little secrets which also happens ...
- there is something about a bar and a table full of...
- ▼ May (76)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Those pitchers are fantastic! And, of course, I love the full animated piggie pot!
The weather looks like it finally realized it is summer up there? huh?
Beautiful! I so wanna' come up there and see all the lush around y'all and visit with Lis and drink beer/s at the Chapter House....
Maybe one day.....
Gary those pieces are WONDERFUL! I LOVE how you are working with new forms -you've got the touch baby!! Must be all that greenery, loving wife and perfect pets ;o)
amigo... that place looks cool! and penny seems appreciative. good way to spend a day out of the studio
Post a Comment