Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, April 30, 2010

the vet comes OVAH....

With a houseful of dogs and cats and living in a town full of VETS (thanks to the vet school at Cornell, near my house) our vet's specialty happens to that she comes to YOU. And examines everybody right in your house. Spike cat, seen below, is, um not any thinner, checking in at 20 huge happy pounds, Penny beagle is magnificently healthy and our old black lab Buster, not shown here, is OK. He is a very old 11 years and very arthritic, but still moving and happy.


I have been making this vase shape the last day or 2 and thought it might make a nice mug shape too, and I am like OOOH LALA! Yes!


(pottery by Gary Rith)

8 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

love those mugs!

denis said...

you can tell the animals just love her!

cindy shake said...

GARY!! That vase shape is the BOMB -WONDERFUL!! Also very cool that your vet makes house visits -how sweet for the doc to see the pets not all freaked out about going to the v-e-t-s office!!

Reverend Awesome said...

The animals are loving the vet! That is great. How nice that must be. She comes over and they are all happy about it.

Christi said...

I love my vet too, who makes house calls. I can't stuff my cats in their carrier for love nor money anymore. Missed you all at the Chapterhouse tonight, but am still working....

Jen Mecca said...

Ohhhh...I see some springing going on!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

But what about Emily Kitten?

Cheryl said...

Love the mugs and how great that the vet makes house calls. Wished we had this here. Buddy piddles on every bush near the vet's entrance door for revenge though...last time he piddled on a plant in the office for a grand finale!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.