Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse

Every Friday I am working at the Cornell Pot Shop and then at 4:20 me and my most excellent pals are all sliding down the hill a ways to the Chapterhouse bar for happy hour and the popcorn and all. Tis heaven.


Christi was glazing a bowl she made a couple weeks ago, and then she got this wild cappucino stout beer at the Chapterhouse...

Lisa and Ben came along and joined us....Lisa's tats kick AZZ: cobra and jaguar and wolf and flowers: beautiful.
nice shot of the back of my wife's head and me telling all about Becky Jo and Brian's Hawaii wedding (Becky Jo just did a post on ME too!)
I got the Brooklyn lager which is sooooo darn tasty, esp. when the temps are like 85, and Ben is looking most fierce....



I had, of course, a box of freshly fired pots and was, you know, sorta showing off a couple....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering what that very purple pot was. Is that a Cornell pot shop glaze?

I DID blog it. It was most appropriate, considering it's your BIRTHDAY week and all. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

yes, tis a Cornell purple glaze, nice! I have a recipe for a purple glaze if you want it :)

Jessica said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Gary! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary, missed you at Belle Melange for Gallery Night. Ben and Lisa came.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Looks like a great time!

Liz said...

India wants to know where Georges has gone? Happy belated birthday from all of us in Cape Breton.
Man your beer looks good. Might Have ta get me some of that next time I hit civilization.

Reverend Awesome said...

And I missed it. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

Cappuccino Stout? I think I'm thirsty....

I'd like to teleport up there each and every Friday. Man!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.