Friday, April 16, 2010
BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
(mugs by Gary Rith)
My Iowa artist buddies Becky Jo and Kasey swap art works with me. Artists may not be millionaires, but we do have ART and it is fun to swap. For Christmas the challenge was small and giraffe, which was pretty easy, but we each tossed in an idea for Easter. It was a challenging challenge.
I started the discussion: "we're talking Easter guys, its gotta be a bunny thing"
and Becky Jo is like, "WITH ARGYLE!!!!" and Kasey is like, maybe just to make it super difficult, "Noodles. I love noodles. The art work has to have bunnies, argyle and noodles". A very challenging challenge indeed.
At Kasey's you can see nice pics of my bowls, but look what arrived from Iowa yesterday, this awesome sketchbook---that bunny Kasey painted is totally the best---and I told her I own that sweater already oh yes I do....
and here is a story about that sweater.
In 1994 we lived in Chicago and had a final lunch at The Drake Hotel, where we had gotten married, before moving to the Boston area to teach high school. There was a wee little men's shop at The Drake, and I saw this sweater, made by crochety old Scots in...Scotland. Which may be the land of argyle, I s'pose I could look it up, but as we were about to teach at a PREP school, this nice sweater looked PREPPY to me. I had all that sh!t at the time, (and still do, I guess, in the closet) the khaki pants, blue shirts, ties, jackets, loafers, suede bucks....and then I added this argyle sweater.
I taught writing and literature and pottery to the (rotten little rich) kids at this boarding school, and one day in class 15 year old Julia is like
"I can't stare at that f##king argyle sweater all day, it will make me vomit!"
I think our next challenge should involve ROBOTS.
- ► 2014 (328)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)