Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

a piggy revolution!

You know how it is:
Last week a customer who DIGS PIGS, as I obviously do, asks, upon seeing my cow teapots:
"hey, are you gonna try to make a piggy shaped teapot???" and it had been on my mind, OH YES.
Today I figured I might give it a try. But, you know, at midday I have that big bean burrito and am feeling blissfully drowsy (WELL! I had a cold!!!! Plus, you know, self-employed people, um, have these sorts of habits)
and I like, crawl into bed after lunch with my favorite beagle.
I am one of those people who who find naps terribly inspiring, and as I fell asleep, I figured out how I wanted to make a piggy teapot.
Woke up a few minutes later, SO EXCITED, and threw the pieces and set them out in the sun so they could quick dry and I could finish the thing right away.
HUZZAH!



(teapot by Gary Rith)

11 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

Yea piggies.

Stacey B said...

This new style with the open spout mouth is by far the best thing ever. I loved the cows, I love the pig! Nice job Uncle Gary.

Lynda said...

Love it! You should twist the handle into a curly tail ;-)

Unknown said...

That is by far the best piggy teapot ever!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh no, I love this too...

Reverend Awesome said...

It's super great!! Love it. You'll have the whole barnyard soon!

Piggy Gal said...

Love the cloven hooves...but there's something about those crazed eyes...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

If I were you, I'd take naps every day! Brilliant!

Paula Henderson Pottery said...

...and "This Little Piggy"

will do well at the market!

Paula Henderson Pottery said...

...and "This Little Piggy"

will do well at the market.

Mr. Young said...

So creative!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.