WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY Sept. 7. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014
Thursday, April 22, 2010
people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
(pottery by Gary Rith)
*I could be worse though
This morning at breakfast, the wife reminds me, in a slightly sarcastic tone, "that was a nice way you were calling me to bed last night" and I am like, searching the brain.
Good thing I took notes last night, as I am an experienced blogger, and experienced bloggers always take notes on these little gems they can share with the internets later. I was just asking her for details, and she is like "you aren't blogging last night are you?" and I said "no, at this moment I am loading pictures" which was true at that moment. My notes, in this case, don't make much sense, but I think it went like this:
I am buried under the covers with my favorite beagle, and it is getting latelatelater, well maybe not all that late, and the wife, who works outside the house, unlike me who farts around the house all day, is at the computer, probably shopping for shoes (this is where men and women differ: what is the deal with SHOES???).
Anyway, I call out
"sweetie, I know you have been busy all day working outside the home to earn crunchies for our dogs and cats, but you know, it would be great if you joined us in bed, because we are falling asleep"
and she is like
"well, I am coming, but first I have to call blah blah, then I have to fill out this form blahblahblah and then I have to choose an outfit and floss blahblahbalbbityblab"
and I reply, and this shows I am not a nice person
"sweetie, all you're doing is shopping for shoes online and I am falling asleep" and I can tell she is mad, never tell a woman that she is probably shopping for shoes, when she actually might be shopping for tops or accessories and boom, there she is at the bedside looking steamed
"every night I want to come to bed and read but you're already asleep! I have to choose an outfit now" and I, being the doltish caveman that I am make my situation worse
"but sweetie" I say, hiding behind my teddy bear "why choose an outfit in the evening if you're just going to try on and reject 5 in the morning anyway????" and
now she is REALLY steamed because I am SUCH a NOT nice person
(men--never talk about women and shoe shopping or trying on clothes, just hum a few bars and fake it)
"I DO NOT"
and I am like, with a snide look on my tired little face "well, OK, 4 out of 5 mornings you do" and now the wife is REALLY mad at me because I am terribly un-nice, and she informs me
"WRONG. Now I am going to go floss" and since I am already the biggest jerk on earth and in trouble already, I cannot help but yell towards the bathroom
"I can hear you floss!!!! KERCHUNK KERCHUNK KERCHUNK!!!!"
- ► 2014 (241)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- the vet comes OVAH....
- what makes America great????
- a word from Georges Le Soq
- The word from Becky Jo....
- MORE than cows and pigs
- lovin' the robots...
- a piggy revolution!
- Penny = FIVE!
- something noo...
- two fingers
- NO boogies up the nosie?
- in which I discover its worse than I thought....
- martini and weenie roast*
- PARADISE FOUND
- blue-green mix
- "and John at the bar is a friend of mine and he ge...
- "I wasn't ...."
- The Beagle Punk
- people think I am nice, but I am NOT*
- great contentment
- le hump day
- Georges Le Soq + leftovers = tres magnifique!
- Rich, Zoe, Oscar and a pair of monkey mugs
- Gary and Penny go intergalactic
- in which I bare all:
- me, Georges Le Soq and the missus with the traveli...
- "you're not gonna post those pics are you???"
- BUNNY ARGYLE NOODLE: try not to vomit
- cats and dogs for a change!!!!
- DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!
- OK, later....
- Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss
- dig my dog
- its true what they say about home businesses: you...
- talking Thai curry soup with Georges Le Soq
- yard work? Ugh. burning things? yippee!
- Georges Le Soq sez "LADIES LUST AFTER triple choco...
- ...and now....
- "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...."
- "you're LOST now get out of my way"
- dang that's cute....
- the awesomeist mother in law on earth provides the...
- gabba gabba hey!
- HAWT chicks....
- like AUGUST....
- smile like you mean it....
- help help, I'm being repressed!
- le TUESDAY
- Georges Le Soq's cooking class....
- can you wear raspberry pants after Easter?
- Easter gives you a reason to wear RASPBERRY pants
- 6 out of the last 7 Saturdays?
- I am alive, I'm awake
- Friday: diggin' the Chapterhouse
- back to the usual crapola and such
- yeOW, birthdays are fun
- Georges Le Soq turns 44
- gonna get some :)
- ▼ April (65)