Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, April 25, 2010

martini and weenie roast*

Yesterday afternoon is warm and sunny and it hits 5 pm and I am like, to the wife,
"grab the Grey Poupon, I got the tofu pups* and the penguin, LET'S GO" and out we step to the wee little fire pit in the back yard. I really need to cut the grass, I am the only neighbor here who has not yet, but today its raining OH WELL.
So me and the penquin did our little dance, and I hadn't mixed these martinis right, I slipped up and poured a little too much vermouth...and vodka....but DAMN they were the best martinis EVER (I used a pen and wrote this new recipe on my hand) and the wife sat out there cackling and giggling the whole time
"YOU'RE SUCH A PYRO!!!!"
and then it was time for the tofu pups (new chipotle flavor!!!) and I, um, sorta crisped 'em good and black cause they caught fire, as you shall see, and it was a lucky thing we had lotsa Grey Poupon and salad....






14 comments:

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

those weenies look a little charred!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

they were, you know, a little crisp around the edges

Unknown said...

Mmm... charred tofu pups. My favorite. :)

Emily SIL said...

Weenies with a martini! Now that's one classy combo! (What about having s'mores after? Then it's a three course meal.)

Kimberly said...

That looks like fun.. Hope you didn't encounter some doggie bombs where you sat. LOL!!!

The martinis would have sent me into the next sphere. Denis can tell you all about my liquid launchers a few seasons back.

Hilary said...

You two are such a romantic couple. :)

I love that closeup martini and fire pit shot.

denis said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again...you and maude know how to enjoy life.

cindy shake said...

LOVE the Penguin!! I want one ;o) Looks like you should be doing more Raku with your love of flames -I didn't know Tofu could burn!

Reverend Awesome said...

You two are always having such a good time. My parents are always having fire's in the backyard. If I had a backyard I would have a fire pit. Fo Sho.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Ha. This looks all good...aside from the burnt weenies...hence the vodka!!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Aren't firepits GRAND?

I was all "penguin?!?" and then I saw the picture. :)

Paul said...

There is nothing like a good martini...

Anonymous said...

hi amigo... i should've thought of starting a fire in the backyard as an idea of something to do when my out of town guests were here. you can't go wrong with fire as far as being an entertaining host. those vegan dogs look good even a bit well done.

Cheryl said...

You two are adorable!! What fun you make for yourselves. And the pups are perfect, just how I like 'em. Keep the alcohol away from the fire though....

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.