Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Georges Le Soq calls himself my boss



You may recall my rotton French sock monkey Georges insisted on helping me glaze early yeasterday morning. Above you can see him hindering, I mean helping, load the glaze firing. This morning we peeked in, and you can see what 24 hours and 2200 degrees can do. That teapot is glazed strawberry, but as you see the glaze is green before firing, the reddish brown color goes black. Cool eh? That teapot also was a whisker from touching the kiln lid when closed, and I relieved that it didn't touch the lid and fuse to it in firing.


In other news, Georges went to sleep and had a nap and at noon he wanders out of his closet. Georges is like
"I am hongry" and he is poking through the kitchen and sees the 4 elderly bananas and Georges is like
"zees bananas, dey are UGLY!" and I am like "well, just RIPE, very ripe" and Georges is like
"we make zee banana bread vis dese and some of dose blueberries, oui???" and I am like
"fine, but careful with the blender!!!!" Watch the video below and you'll see Georges and the blender and a boatload of bananas....


10 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

George- I am waiting for you to get your summer clothes out.
And if you have time come over and glaze for me.
but the soup! Yum!

Matt Sutkoski said...

Georges: You know your way around the kitchen for sure. Where did you get the strength to mash those bananas like that?

Anonymous said...

hilarious, aside from the french accent, george's voice sounds remarkably similar to yours amigo

Cheryl said...

I must say its looking more and more if Georges is earning his keep! Maybe he could be hired out to do odd jobs....

Busy Bee Suz said...

Georges puts my baking to shame.

Unknown said...

He's terribly ornery for being so small. :)

Kimberly said...

Wow... thats a lot of naners going into that bread!

Reverend Awesome said...

As someone inexperienced in the ways of the potter that is fascinating to me seeing the before and after of the glazes. Who knew? Well, maybe most of you. But not me!
Georges is a tramp.

Michèle Hastings said...

i was also wondering when goerges was going to break out his summer clothes...
blueberry banana bread! mmmmmmm

BSOB said...

Just a bit further in there georges. just dunk your head a bit further into the blender.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.