Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, April 15, 2010

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!


You know how it is, you wake up one morning and you know you need to make robot mugs. Here is my first. Michelle was asking for a teapot with a flower on it. I am thinking I will make her a teapot with a robot on it instead.

I remember when I was 6 or 7 watching LOST IN SPACE reruns every morning before school with my bowl of Captain Crunch. Sit there waiting for the school bus, working on a wee little sugar high, digging Will and his robot buddy, the TRES S3XY JUDY, slippery Dr Smith, Don, plus mom and dad and the other sister. My wife whenever there is something awkward or stupid or dangerous going on flaps her arms like the robot and sez it "DANGER WILL ROBONSON DANGER!".

9 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

I think we have some sort of psychic connection. I signed up for a pen pal awhile back through a local stationary store. I just sent my pen pal a drawing of a robot thinking of a rainbow last week. We got robots on the brain!

Fortune Cookies said...

That's wonderful! The moment I saw the photo on FB "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" popped into my head!

Liz said...

Once the taxman gets done with my bank account I gotta have one for my robot crazed kid!

Lori Buff said...

Yeah, I remember watching that show. Now we have robots to vacuum our floors & even pet robots. Go figure

Susan as Herself said...

I always think of that Robot Rosie on the Jetsons!

Unknown said...

You have such cool ideas!

Anonymous said...

Maude would be doing that a whole lot if she lived with us! LOL

Cheryl said...

No way...my HUSBAND says the exact thing Maude does!!

Kimberly said...

"Danger Danger...will robinson, Danger!!!"

....One of my fav quotes

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.