WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, August 1, 2013
(pottery by Gary Rith)
Ever had a day filled with unexpected warm fuzzies..followed by more warm fuzzies?
The last 4 years I have been asked to consider joining a groovy coop down the road, and have not gotten around to it....several members REALLY pressed it in July. They said such nice things! I finally went down to meet up with members and the director and get papers and show what I have and see the gallery...they were SO NICE to me, I am fortunate....this is gonna be a lot of fun, let me tell you more about it later. This is the sampling of 12 items I brought to represent myself. I was like, to the wife
"here is 12, I want to bring 8, which ones???" and she is like
"BRING THE 12" which worked out well....
THEN after that rather friendly and supportive meeting I get home? And the newspaper wants to interview me!
I talk to an editor and we have a rollicking fun conversation.
I talk to a reporter (who is typing furiously) and it is rollicking good fun...and since the contact came through my website (and suggested by other potters) they are saying nice things about my work....
It is an article about Ithaca's pottery scene, so, I am, if included (she did say "wait, I want to be sure I got that quote correct" and "OOOOH! i love your teapots!") amongst many other potters.
As we closed the reporter said, with delight, "oh! you have a blog!!!" and I was like
"help yourself to any pictures" and she is like
"the newspaper would send over a photographer" and I was like, to myself "oh really???"
although who knows if it will come out next week, or includes me, we shall see :)
You may need some of my specials on froggy things! For sale now at my etsy shoppe!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- pottery FOR A CHANGE!
- the BEST squash of your life is PALEO
- THE WALK
- 2 best (and worst!) words in the English language...
- speaking of HOT STUFF
- that game of cat and MOUSE...
- I'm not getting repetitive am I?
- blackberries are gluten-free!
- hey diddle diddle...
- a rare family post....
- BIG pots...
- oh my...
- this chair is cat approved....
- "little pitchers have big ears"
- Gallery fortyone....
- a long and windy post about CATs, CUSTOMers and 'QUE
- purple tarts with pink b00bies??!!
- the all-POTTERY post you have been waiting for....
- that dog, that house!
- in which decorative objects are either SEXY or fun...
- KILLER BEAGLE
- a FLOOD! and other things....
- making TEMPEH tasty....
- probably the CORGI PLAYGROUP is more cute....
- the wife tells me: "post the hippo!"
- everybody loves BUNNIES...
- chasing BEEs and what to do with all that kale...
- the tiny road trip....
- thanks to YOGI...
- olde world family torte made GLUTEN FREE!
- almost famous...?
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)