Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, August 18, 2013

"little pitchers have big ears"

We were chatting with a friend the other day and her little girl was around.  Something gossipy was said about someone else.  My wife tells me later "I hope the little girl doesn't repeat what she overheard later!" and I tell the wife "Like when I was a kid, I was ALWAYS eavesdropping on my folks' conversations then bringing it up at inconvenient moments.  My mom would say 'little pitchers have big ears' and in my case, a big mouth too..."

Here is a pair of small pitchers I made and make sure you have an awesome Sunday :)


(pitchers by Gary Rith)

1 comment:

smartcat said...

Guilty! I think all kids like to adult conversation; it's such a different world. I have to admit to enjoying listening to Proge's conversations with his friends when he was very little. It was a reminder of the weird and wonderful ways of childhood.

Those are great little pitchers. You certainly do have a way with form and glaze, which to leads to.......

Congratulations! on joining Gallery Fortyone! How terrific to be invited to join. It looks like a perfect place for your work. Looking forward to many more photos.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.