Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, August 9, 2013
making TEMPEH tasty....
I mean, WTF IS tempeh anyhow? A soy item used as a meat replacer for vegetarians, less processed than toadfood, I guess, or processed differently anyway, and with MORE nutrients.
It is an ODD ITEM, but so is toadfood. And kale. They are all odd items, but most things are until you get used to them (how did that chicken breast look when you opened the package, hmmm?), and these are all so flippin' HEALTHY it is shocking, and mindblowingly tasty when done right.
--the best way to prepare and eat toadfood or tempeh is to marinate it and bake it then use the pieces on top of a favorite dish, like stir fry or noodles or whatever.
That's it! Now you know everything!
My favorite oven baked tempeh instructions are click here and for toadfood click here and to see how I put this tempeh-kale pad Thai together click here!
In other news, I wanted to get a picture of my VERY successful sunflowers potted out front, with their friends the cosmos, but I got a BONUS! A wee and happy bee.....
Have a wonderful Friday!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 5:06 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- pottery FOR A CHANGE!
- the BEST squash of your life is PALEO
- THE WALK
- 2 best (and worst!) words in the English language...
- speaking of HOT STUFF
- that game of cat and MOUSE...
- I'm not getting repetitive am I?
- blackberries are gluten-free!
- hey diddle diddle...
- a rare family post....
- BIG pots...
- oh my...
- this chair is cat approved....
- "little pitchers have big ears"
- Gallery fortyone....
- a long and windy post about CATs, CUSTOMers and 'QUE
- purple tarts with pink b00bies??!!
- the all-POTTERY post you have been waiting for....
- that dog, that house!
- in which decorative objects are either SEXY or fun...
- KILLER BEAGLE
- a FLOOD! and other things....
- making TEMPEH tasty....
- probably the CORGI PLAYGROUP is more cute....
- the wife tells me: "post the hippo!"
- everybody loves BUNNIES...
- chasing BEEs and what to do with all that kale...
- the tiny road trip....
- thanks to YOGI...
- olde world family torte made GLUTEN FREE!
- almost famous...?
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I adore toadfood! I fry it with onions, sprinkle tamari soy sauce on it and chow down. Once you've got that golden crusty surface, you can throw all kinds of great veggies into the pan and stir-fry lightly. Cast iron frypans work best.
Wow, was it really that sunny yesterday? Great pics.
Great potted garden!
"Toad food!" Haha, I love the name especially because I don't like the product. Steal.
LOVE your bee, and background doggie...
Totally digging the bee and that beagle behind too.
I looked up Tempeh; pretty cool stuff!
Have a fabulous weekend!
toadfood on your blob! I'm slowly coming around to toadfood so I'll have to give your method a try. Love cosmo with bonus bee and beagle butt! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment