Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, August 9, 2013

making TEMPEH tasty....



I mean, WTF IS tempeh anyhow?  A soy item used as a meat replacer for vegetarians, less processed than toadfood, I guess, or processed differently anyway, and with MORE nutrients.
It is an ODD ITEM, but so is toadfood.  And kale.  They are all odd items, but most things are until you get used to them (how did that chicken breast look when you opened the package, hmmm?), and these are all so flippin' HEALTHY it is shocking, and mindblowingly tasty when done right.
TIP:
--the best way to prepare and eat toadfood or tempeh is to marinate it and bake it then use the pieces on top of a favorite dish, like stir fry or noodles or whatever.
That's it!  Now you know everything!
My favorite oven baked tempeh instructions are click here and for toadfood click here and to see how I put this tempeh-kale pad Thai together click here!

In other news, I wanted to get a picture of my VERY successful sunflowers potted out front, with their friends the cosmos, but I got a BONUS!  A wee and happy bee.....
Have a wonderful Friday!

7 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

I adore toadfood! I fry it with onions, sprinkle tamari soy sauce on it and chow down. Once you've got that golden crusty surface, you can throw all kinds of great veggies into the pan and stir-fry lightly. Cast iron frypans work best.

Mrs. Potsblog said...

Wow, was it really that sunny yesterday? Great pics.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great potted garden!

Lori Buff said...

"Toad food!" Haha, I love the name especially because I don't like the product. Steal.

Summer said...

LOVE your bee, and background doggie...

Busy Bee Suz said...

Totally digging the bee and that beagle behind too.
I looked up Tempeh; pretty cool stuff!
Have a fabulous weekend!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

toadfood on your blob! I'm slowly coming around to toadfood so I'll have to give your method a try. Love cosmo with bonus bee and beagle butt! Have a great weekend!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.